Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my caribe has a bunch of little white spots on him and he is always rubbing on the bottom of the tank. is this ich?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Sounds like it.....does it look like salt on him? If so, raise the temp to 84 and add salt...1 tbl spoon per 10 gallons. I did this and it went away in a few days.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
I believe is ich too. Treatment?...as been said!

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
as GG said, but I suggest 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons

·
Registered
491 Posts
Keep the treatment going a week after you see the spots gone. Those spots are a dense mucus protecting the parisite from treatments. When the spots "disipear," the single celled parisite has broken away from the fish and it is trying to find a substrate to split into many new Ich cells. When it has broken away, that is when it is vunurable to salt and medications. You won't be able to see the Ich when it has broken away because it is a single cell.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi ,
Hope this isn't a stupid question but when you say add salt is that table salt or aquarium salt or is there a difference?

And how often do you add that much salt daily or what?

I have 5 new RBPs about 3/4 inch and it's not white spots but one has a small white patch on back and on tall is this ich?

Any advise would be much appreciated...

Thanks,
Fang

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
It does not sound like your fish has ich. Salt is salt, it makes no difference. As far as adding it, it does not evaporate so when you add salt it is only removed with water changes therefore you would only need to replenish as much as you take out in a water change.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Fang said:
Hi ,
Hope this isn't a stupid question but when you say add salt is that table salt or aquarium salt or is there a difference?

And how often do you add that much salt daily or what?

I have 5 new RBPs about 3/4 inch and it's not white spots but one has a small white patch on back and on tall is this ich?

Any advise would be much appreciated...

Thanks,
Fang
you don't have ich, you could have fungus, or possibly slime desiese.

a pic or better description would be usefull

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Well good luck Fang - and
Welocme to PFury

1 - 15 of 15 Posts