Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tank consists of 2 wild reds(4" and 6"), 4 cariba (5-7") and one yellow natt (8"). I just added the yellow natt 2 or 3 weeks ago and before he was added the littlest red has always been my most aggressive pygo, always chasing others out of his territory.
Now the little red and yellow natts are running my tank together. They have joined forces, always hanging together, and chasing anyone out of there area which is the center of the tank.
It is great to watch them because of the size difference. Big yellow is massive compared to the little dude.
Just thought I would show that natts can be as aggressive and territorial as cariba, at least in my experience, and that these attributes are based on the individual fish and not just the type of fish.

·
Registered
698 Posts
You got a good point of proving it. Just like a cichlid is territorial and fights with its own kind. I've seen convicts attack piranhas if they get to close in its territory.

So what you say up above is right on.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
fishman2 said:
You got a good point of proving it. Just like a cichlid is territorial and fights with its own kind. I've seen convicts attack piranhas if they get to close in its territory.

So what you say up above is right on.
yes i have seen plaenty of convicts snap on P's before ... to the cons it dosnt matter. If anything gets in their way or invades there space tehy dont care what it is when they are breeding they just flip. I have also seen a JD take on P's as well

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I used to have a pair of parrot cichlids which worked as a team, generally against a 7" clown loach.
I also have a severum as the dominant fish in my piranha tank, its kinda funny.
Have you got any pics?

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I grab one one of the digital cameras at work and can never get a good shot. I am working on it because it is interesting to see the size difference.

G

·
Ya it really just seem the fish's own personality and attitude, i have two larger reds around 7-8 inch that run the tank and there is a smaller red around 4 inches that also sometimes leads the pack, its funny seeing a 4 inch red take a nice size nip outta a much larger pirahna.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I have 5 differnt RBs.. 2 bigger than the pack and the other 3 being a little smaller in size and one of them has a deformed right eye. :D The 2 huge ones usually try and dominate one another. But when they get too much, Mr. Lazy Eye usually get in between them and breaks up the fight. He even chases and picks on them when he's bored. Imagine that.. a one lazy eyed bully.
:laugh:

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Yellow natt? Are we talking about the forbidden "ternetzi"? My favorite pygo. They seem to take crap from nothing. Yes, get some picures posted!

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Serrapygo said:
Yellow natt? Are we talking about the forbidden "ternetzi"? My favorite pygo. They seem to take crap from nothing. Yes, get some picures posted!
Yes we are, I am trying to be "politically correct". :
:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts