Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the drywall hung today. One more step towards completeion. Now you can really start to see how its gonna look. This weekend I hope to get the taping and mudding done. Then hopefully I can get the walls textured and painted in the next few weeks. Then I can trim out the tank, hang my deerhead and my fish on the walls, do something about the lighting under the stand, and put a backing on the tank, and the exterior will be complete
Anyways, here's where Im at right now. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Very NICE!!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And of course as long as I was taking pics, I had to take a couple of the p's. I have the current set in my tank like a whirlpool and if you look at the fish you can see what direction the flow of water is going.

and this is my newest addition, a cariba just over 7". He's been in there just over a week now and is adjusting very well and eating like a pig. I think he feels the sense of urgency to get big fast.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
holy smokes, 750gal thats a piranha keepers dream tank. congrats

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
Thats looking good
Hows the Brantii doing?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
lucky sob i love what u have dont with the lighting under the tank.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys. Hopefully by the time the tank is done I have a new camera so I can take some decent pics.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
looks great, yeah how is the brandti doin in there. u said that you have a worldpool current giong in there is there a dead spot so the fish can rest? wish i had my own place where i could build that. thanx for the updates.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The brandti is doing good. After the initial flurry of fin nips he's settled down quite a bit. There's stil a fresh fin nip here and there but for the most part it's going very well.

The whirlpool effect is basically channeled around the perimeter of the tank. If they want to rest they can hang out in the center of the tank where the current is minimal. For the most part they usually like to hang out in the current. There are times when every fish in the tank is facing the current on all four sides of the tank. It looks pretty cool.

·
Registered
648 Posts
WOW..... makes me want to start working on my project soon.... but first I gotta get all my ducks in a row. Planning on doing a built in like yours between my family room and dining room. SWEET!!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts