Piranhas Forum banner
1101 - 1117 of 1117 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have 1 Rhom around 6 inches in a 120 gallon all alone now...and that is it!

Below is a list of all the piranha i used to have in my piranha fish keeping experience (excuse the spelling if any LOL)
Serrasalmus types:
Elongatus
Maculatus
Ruby Red Spilo
hollandi
Sanchezi
Irritans
Serralatus
Eigenmanni
Manueli
Altuvei
Compressus
Goulding
Rhombeus

Pygocentrus
Piraya
Nattereri
Cariba
Ternetzi

and Catoprion mento and Pristobrycon striolatus

i don't think i missed any -- but this is over 35 years....and my memory is not what it used to be...LOL

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cool...Red bellies grow super fast so careful on the 10 gallon -- it may only be good for a month with a baby 2 inch red belly...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi there everyone this is our first entry/inclusion into the forum.
We've (my son) has 6 1" RBP's in a 30x12x15 tank which I believe is 92Ltrs. But hopefully within a couple of weeks they'll be moving to larger tank 48x12x15. He's had them for nearly a month now. Fed daily on frozen Blood worm and given a treat of Live Shrimp at the weekend which he and one of his friends enjoyed watching and the fish looked as though they enjoyed as well. He keeps asking when he can put feeders in. :eek:oh2:
Those 6 red bellies will grow quickly, and in probably about 1 1/2 years will need a 150 gallon tank. They are messy eaters, and the tank will need to be heavily filtered, preferably with a sump. Your circulation pump will need to turn the water over about six times per hour. Fascinating fish. I have had red bellies in the past

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have 4 RBP that are 1 to 2 inches long in a 65 gallon aquarium. Once they hit 4 I will be getting a 120 gallon aquarium. Also there's a red tail catfish that cleans the bottom, piranha's don't mess with him.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Update :
4 x 3-4 inch Reds in 90 Gall
single ~3inch Black Rhombeus

Future :
125 gall for Caribe/Red shoal
Move Rhom to 90 Gall

·
Registered
2 Posts
8 inch Serrasalmus Rhom

120g tank 60x18x25

Had 5 coryduras in tank with previous angelfish setup,thought they would survive but I was wrong,lasted 2 days

1101 - 1117 of 1117 Posts