Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do rb's eggs look like? i have 3 cloudy/pinkish egg lookin things with white centers in my tank...what do i do thanks

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Got a pic, there should be tons more if they are actually eggs. Do you check your tank all of the time?

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
This belongs in the breeding forum first of all.

From what I've seen, most piranha eggs are orangish or brownish, but you never know.

·
Registered
36 Posts
First of all, all "orange eggie-thingies with white centers" I've ever seen are actual eggs... BUT non-fertilized, and therefor hours away from being all-white dead eggs, and hairy nitrite-producing lumps a day after.

Secondly, if you have *three* of them and they are p-eggs, odds are the parents have removed all other dead eggs so far, and removed those three minutes after you posted original message...

That's according to my experience. If I'm wrong, that's a good thing cause you can have three eggs with an /unknown/ lifeform in them, and if I'm right, you'll have new 1000 eggs in a few weeks (if your rbp's are as horny as mine).

·
Soft Machine
1,687 Posts
Yeah there would be tons, unless they got swept up or eaten, which first time parents will often do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts