Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
Yes I know have one in my tank, but mine doesn't have the fish on it.

·
Beautiful One
12,070 Posts
I know because it is right about my water and I have a test kit so I have both I trust them I would replace it every couple of years or if it gives you a wrong answer and you just tested your water. :smile:

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
What does ammonia have to do with water changes once the tank is cycled? I agree that an ammonia sensor would be useful, but not as a sign to do a water change, maybe a nitrate sensor.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
grosse gurke said:
What does ammonia have to do with water changes once the tank is cycled? I agree that an ammonia sensor would be useful, but not as a sign to do a water change, maybe a nitrate sensor.
good point!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I used one (ammonia)while cycling my tank a while ago and it changed collor(I forget what color) but never turned back once the ammonia was gone.

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
grosse gurke said:
excelent point! I didn't even think of that.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Hey my little nephew has this in his 20 gal tetra/shark tank. I dont think this item would be sufficient in a propper P tank, but would be good for community and smaller fish. I deffinately wouldnt use this for image reasons and the drastic uncontrollable changes in the water perimeters when owning the kind of fish we have... Just wouldn't be accurate for our tanks.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
MAD piranhas said:
So is it not good for a piranha tank but still work on a community tank?

MAD
I just think that theres more amonia/nitrate level producing in our tanks. How much can your water perimeters/balance increase and/ordecrease rapidly in a piranha tank versus a community tank?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts