Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just thinking about...what if u used a black light to light your aquarium of piranha

would this be bad for them?

this is more of a question out of curiousity

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I have never seen any actual evidence to support this, but due to our previous discusions on this it seems that it may be more harmful to the piranhas eyes.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, that is what i was thinking as well.

thanks

i dont think i would ever want to take the chance with harming my piranha

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
I believe is harmful too!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I hink its because of the uv rays it gives off. I have one and heres what it says;

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I dont think that it would be a good idea to use a blacklight on the home aquium. I have heard that the uv bulbs can be harmful to the eyes of your fish.

~Dj

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
don't do it ..its bad for there eyes..they'll end up going blind...

·
Registered
972 Posts
You could put some colored paper underneath your normal aquarium light if you wanted a different color.

I have done that many many years ago with a really dark orange color.

It looked like a setting sun. Was pretty cool and made the water movement inside the aquarium almost hypnotic.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
do not use a black light. i thought it would be kool with my piranhas, and i had a black light in my room. so i took off the other light and then put the black light to the top of the tank and it lit the tank up and boom all i hear is my piranhas flipping out and running into everything... i took off the light as fast as possible.... my p's were about 1.5 inches and i never will put a black light in the same room as their tank.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I tried them on a Oscar tank(75gl) and it doesnt do squat!!!!!!!You cant see it at all.At night all I could see was what was above the water level...It doesnt penetrate the water good at all...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts