Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10,778 Posts
The wavelength peaks from helogen lights do not correspond to the wavelengths
plants need. Also if the light is too intense you can cook your fish even before signs of algae form. Also note that halogen lights are not energy effient at all, I have heard it might cost as much as .10 cents an hour to operate...will you have it on 24/7?

I think this could be of great use, water proof, so you could prob get away with putting it in your tank! Not sure exactly how it all works, but take a look http://www.newlite.com/

· Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Filo said:
The wavelength peaks from helogen lights do not correspond to the wavelengths
plants need. Also if the light is too intense you can cook your fish even before signs of algae form. Also note that halogen lights are not energy effient at all, I have heard it might cost as much as .10 cents an hour to operate...will you have it on 24/7?
I think this could be of great use, water proof, so you could prob get away with putting it in your tank! Not sure exactly how it all works, but take a look http://www.newlite.com/
[snapback]838699[/snapback]​
thank a lot for the info.

7,899 Posts
Filo said:
The Ps will adjust over time. Many people have lights with their Ps, and although they say it bugs the fish at first, the first eventually adjust.
[snapback]838520[/snapback]​
:nod

I have a lot of light in my tank as I have a MANY plants. I had my P's since they were babys (well the reds anyway, Cariba, and Tern came later) they have gotten used to it. It may take a little time but they will adjust

I havle also always had some drift wood in the tank for them to hide around, that seemed to help them relax a bit. It is still the "prized" teritory in the tank that my tern rules with iron teeth!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.