Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 4 flouresant lights blah blah ... i have single 36 inch light fixture that goes across my 135 gallon tank that holds 2 bulbs and i have a dual 48inch light fixture. my question is does it matter that there is about .5-1 foot of space thats not covered by the second light or should i change it for 2 48 inch single stirip lights and have them over laping. what are you thoughts

thanks in advance

dark FrOsT

·
Registered
848 Posts
i dont think so as long as there 1 to 2 wpg. although i overlap mine. I have a 72 in. L with X2 36in and X2 48in dual which gives me about 210 watts. My tank is 180 gal. so i am a little over 1 wpg.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
mine tank is 135 and all my watts add to 140 .... i could add a 2nd 48inch dual one day but i dont have the funds for it right now which will get me over 200 watts per gallon but if what i have now is fine then ill keep it the way it is

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
im facing a similar situation right now as well...i have two 30 inch dual strips on a newly acquired 48 inch long tank.
I dont think it will make that much difference as long as you put the necessary watts over the tank. Try it and see if your plants thrive...if not try to alternate the positions of the fixtures on a daily basis. If that still doesnt cut it then shoot for a 48 inch fixture.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts