Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have built my stand out of cinder blocks and have the insulation and a board on top of it. The bubble is not completely in the middle of the level but its as close as I can get it. What else can I do to help level the tank when putting it on top? IM going to put a piece of insulation under the tank too so that should help even things out. How thick should that insulation be too? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Once you put the tank on top of the insulation and fill it it should pretty much level itself... also, did you check to make sure your floor was level before you started? Many times the floor isnt level to begin with so you will never get your tank completely level. Either way, from my experience, as long as it is close you will be fine, my old apt had the worst floors in the world, one of my tanks was literally .5" difference from one side to the other and it was fine for a year that way... thank god I got out of there though, it sucked try to level a fish tank on a horribly unlevel floor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts