Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my idea of raising african cichlids and my oscar was short lived today i just happen to watch my oscar when i put some feeders in the tank with him he went nuts went after anything that moved even the africans so will not try this again moved the african cichs to the 10 gallon for now so anyway to all u out there that said good luck with them all i got to say is this u were right to much aggressiveness

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Was the Oscar the previous, and ONLY resident in the tank? If he was maybe he's established the tank as his own territory. Having Oscars and other cichlids before, that never happened to me.. unless the previous resident took control of the whole tank and didnt like anything else.

If not, then you must have one mean Oscar!!!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
sorry to hear your experiment didn't go as planned.oscars will try to gobble anything they can fit in there mouths and they have very huge mouths,best thing to do is buy fishs that are bigger then they are.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no i bought them at the same time but recently started to feed the oscars feeders and then he went after everything else

·
Registered
135 Posts
thats the one thing about oscars they rip and tear up anything and everything in their tank. but they are still pretty cool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts