Piranhas Forum banner

Latest Yawn

1K views 54 replies 32 participants last post by  sharpteeth 
#1 ·
Not posted any yawn pics for a while, so here's the latest.

Excuse the mirky water but i've just redecorated the setup.

See less See more
#16 ·
View attachment 44203 Thanks guys for looking and commenting.
The background is from back-to-nature, decided to fit it to give my rhom more swimming space and so that i could reduce the number of plants in the tank while still hopefully keeping a natural look to the setup. I just dont have the time anymore to maintain a heavily planted tank. Hope you guys like it. Comments on the setup greatly apreciated.

#17 ·
OMG!

The last picture , you dont even see the water looks like all things just are in the air.

Man thats a nice setup!

I want a back to nature backround to, but I will need a much bigger tank coz they take alot of the space.

#18 ·
Absobloodylutely brilliant looking tank Pete...I love that background, looks really good in that tank. Are they expensive mate....I don't half fancy one for my rhom's tank ?

I wonder if the rhom will lose some colour now, what with the light coloured background behind him ?

Great pics again mate...

Rich

#21 ·
Thanks guys

Rich, the background is VERY expensive, but i promised to treat myself and the rhom with my overtime cash from working over christmas. I've wanted one for a long time.
The rhom seems to have lightened up quite a bit, but i'm not sure if this is stress from re doing the setup or because of the lighter look to the whole tank. I guess time will tell.
Now i've got less plants i can turn the power head up and give him more exercise and a stronger current to swim in. He seems happy enough, but still spends most of his time at the front of the setup, watching whats going on

Killerbee, i guess i'm just lucky, he likes to yawn a lot

Stugge, the back to nature backgrounds do take up quite a bit of space, but its not wasted as i've put another filter in behind the outcrop on the right hand side of the setup. its now got two internal filters rather than just the one.

#23 ·
caribekeeper said:
Go on then...frighten me. How much ?

{I am sitting down, beer in hand...}

Rich
[snapback]844106[/snapback]​
I'm embarassed to say i paid £175 for it, which is the average price. Fooookin expensive but it means a lot less maintenance and still keeps the natural look i hope. it also means i can hide the filters etc. I've wanted one for about three years but couldnt justify the cost. I had a few beers yesterday and thought bollox to it, i've worked hard so i should be able to treat myself.
The plants and branch are temporary until i find the bits/plants i'm looking for to finish the setup off.

#24 ·
yorkshire said:
I'm embarassed to say i paid £175 for it, which is the average price. Fooookin expensive but it means a lot less maintenance and still keeps the natural look i hope. it also means i can hide the filters etc. I've wanted one for about three years but couldnt justify the cost. I had a few beers yesterday and thought bollox to it, i've worked hard so i should be able to treat myself.
The plants and branch are temporary until i find the bits/plants i'm looking for to finish the setup off.

[snapback]844115[/snapback]​
Hmm...not too bad a price, I was expecting £200+. I'm sorely tempted I admit...did a bit of business today which has netted me nearly that amount, so I'd only have to put a few quid to it and....

Christ, 'er indoors would rattle something awful though if I did. I'll tell her Pete told me to buy one.....

Nice one mate, looks good. Off for me dinner now, considering how to tell her !!

Cheers mate,

Rich

#25 ·
I didnt tell the gf, just came home with it and got it fitted before she finished work :laugh:
Not much she can do about it now

enjoy your tea mate, i'm off for mine too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.