Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
this is a pic of my latest batch 4 weeks old. i have roughly 80 fry that are still alive and lots are looking very healthy, but there is some that are very small that might pull threw and might not.

the small ones are always hiding in the rocks down below and the food comes from up top so they don't get to eat as much therefor they don't grow as quickly and they will be eaten by the bigger ones.

my last batch in the new nest area did not get fertilized that good. i had checked after a couple days because the male p was guarding it like he usually does. But i didn't see any orange eggs.

tomorrow is water change time again and i hope they go back to the other spot
i liked it better.......

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Great work NIke!!!
Glad everything came successfull man!!

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys more pics.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
328 Posts
NIKE, congrats. mine are about that size, they just are as devolped, they are week old. i still have about 200-250 of them alive.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
mantis said:
are those all little snails in there?
:nod: yep!! oyah i forgot to mention i am also breeding snails
well didn't want to but they like it so what ever turns them on
most people would freak at the site of this many snails in a tank. but these guys do my tank maintenance ok it looks like crap
big deal i don't care
i have perfect water paremeters from day one the snails are breeding like mad which leaves me to believe there is plenty of leftover food. perhaps do to me over feeding.

but i would rather over feed them and have them well fed, and have them not to eat on each other or die of starvation. if i didn't have this many snails i would have mad water perameters like at the biggining.

snails can easily be removed out by a syphon hose when they get to large i like to keep them small. i don't no if the big snails would goble up eggs so once they get to be the size of a pea they go to boiling hot water

NIKE

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is a update pick on the now 5 week old fry
and the breeding nest is once again moved it is a foot away from the last spot. there was some fighting over the nest again. but the momma/papa came up short again
i'm wish i new what sex this p was
as it has been digging in the nest and turns darker like the mating pair. he/she has the size of the female and fights with the female to keep control of the nest. i will show a pic of this p also.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the nest snatcher

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
full shot

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
man NIKE those are some really awsome pictures man. you are doing a great job with recording all the happenings and all that.

i am very happy you take the time to show us all the growth.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
this pic shows a side view of the two fry tanks. there are 11 fry in the first tank that are 6 weeks old, and in the second tank is the last batch 5 weeks old around 75-80 fry maybe. you can clearly see that the fry that are in the first tank did not have the competition to get the food like in the second tank, resulting in a size difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts