Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
3,646 Posts
if shaq stayed and kobe bolted, we'd be looking at a lineup of shaq, devean, payton, rush, and slava as the starting lineup. PLUS, the lakers would be maxed at the cap w/ shaqs 30 mill salary till 2009. I think that would suck way more. Lets see how many top FA's he can get on the mid level. Either way, i wonder who's the new coach

· Peace....Through Superior Firepower
10,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats It ladies and Gents ...Rudy is History and Phil is mulling coaching again ...
Rudy Tomjanovich resigned as Los Angeles Lakers coach Wednesday because of health reasons. Is it possible that former coach Phil Jackson would replace his own successor?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6895713/

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
MR HARLEY said:
Thats It ladies and Gents ...Rudy is History and Phil is mulling coaching again ...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6895713/
[snapback]874998[/snapback]​
Hahahaha, I would love to see Phil Jackson return to a team that isn't made up of either Michael Jordan or Kobe and Shaq, he won 9 freakin championships coaching teams a dead person could have won with.

· Indianapolis Football
11,384 Posts
elTwitcho said:
Hahahaha, I would love to see Phil Jackson return to a team that isn't made up of either Michael Jordan or Kobe and Shaq, he won 9 freakin championships coaching teams a dead person could have won with.
[snapback]875000[/snapback]​
well, Kobe and Shaq were together for a few years and never won a ring without Phil

also, Jordan and Pippen were together for a few years and never won one until Phil came along

· Registered
741 Posts
Well said. I could not agree more.

elTwitcho said:
[snapback]875000[/snapback]​

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
Kobe and Shaq only really hit their peak around the time Phil came on though, I think if you look at last season and the team they had, and that they still managed to lose, that's a pretty strong condemnation against Phil Jackson being such a great coach. He had no control over his team and they get destroyed by an opponent who only had a tiny fraction of the talent his team had.

10,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
elTwitcho said:
He had no control over his team and they get destroyed by an opponent who only had a tiny fraction of the talent his team had.
[snapback]875008[/snapback]​
Yup Yup ...

· Indianapolis Football
11,384 Posts
elTwitcho said:
Kobe and Shaq only really hit their peak around the time Phil came on though, I think if you look at last season and the team they had, and that they still managed to lose, that's a pretty strong condemnation against Phil Jackson being such a great coach. He had no control over his team and they get destroyed by an opponent who only had a tiny fraction of the talent his team had.
[snapback]875008[/snapback]​
well, before he came along, they weren't even making it to the finals. I am not saying he is the greatest coach in the world, but I do think he deserves a bit of credit for what he's been able to accomplish - f.e. there has to be a good reason why both Jordan and Shaq refused to return to Bulls and Lakers, respectively, after he left town

· "Bruce Lee" the Legend
4,530 Posts
Tom
Whatever happens, the Lakers will find a way to get through this. I hate Kobe as a person, but as a player he is without a doubt the best all around player in the league. The lakers made a lot of mistakes; they never should have let Shaq go

10,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fishofury said:
Tom
Whatever happens, the Lakers will find a way to get through this. I hate Kobe as a person, but as a player he is without a doubt the best all around player in the league. The lakers made a lot of mistakes; they never should have let Shaq go

[snapback]875014[/snapback]​
Hell yeah ....I hate Kobe as a Person , but dam he can play ...but you see without Shaq , No playoffs and 7th in the pacific division ..

· "Bruce Lee" the Legend
4,530 Posts
MR HARLEY said:
Hell yeah ....I hate Kobe as a Person , but dam he can play ...but you see without Shaq , No playoffs and 7th in the pacific division ..

[snapback]875018[/snapback]​
History explains it all, if you look at all the great centers that were traded in the past, the team that traded them always went down the hole afterwards. But, mark my word that the Lakers will make it to the playoffs but they wont make it past the first round.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.