Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a website last night (sorry, couldn't find it again today) that said that larger groups of p's are less aggressive...any truth?

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
i think that the more p's equals more aggression ......the p's i have been around were less skittish and more violent when i added more pygos to the tank ..its like they have more courage especially if you add some super reds to the mix

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
the theory behind it is dividing the aggression between more p's equels less aggression towards an individual.
imo this would depend on the tanks size and more importantly the personality or temprement of the p's you have.
dixon

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
DiXoN said:
the theory behind it is dividing the aggression between more p's equels less aggression towards an individual.
imo this would depend on the tanks size and more importantly the personality or temprement of the p's you have.
dixon
exactly

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
soulfly said:
overstocking reduces aggresson between the fish.there are too many fish for the others to fight off.
True.. less space, less fighting over territorial space. Also after a certain stage, Ps usually loose that activitiness that they used to have compared to when they were smaller. Just like people, they also tend to eat less when older

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
When I had 3 caribe and 3 reds, I had a lot more fin nipping and aggression over territorial spaces. Now they all shoal together and I have fewer fin nips. 16 total p's

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But couldn't there be more aggression becasue there is less space? More fish fighting over a smaller area? For example...if there are 3 fish in a 60 gallon tank with each fish having its 20 gallons wouldnt there be less fighting between the fish.

On a side note..would it affect the aggression toward other fish(feeders) in the tank?

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
soulfly said:
overstocking reduces aggresson between the fish.there are too many fish for the others to fight off.
really u think so? i would think more fighting cause less room

1 - 9 of 9 Posts