Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it never has since I have owned it either.maybe half piece of smelt a day, and thats it. does anyone elese with a large rhom have this problem?

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Yup. Niether does my 14 incher or the 10 incher I had. I have also heard the same from other large rhom owners.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yeah my six incher doesn't eat much either. When I throw some feeders in, I find the head on the gravel the next day or a slashed and bitten (but not eaten) body floating at the top.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
you could also try shrimp we give our rhom and altuvei half a peice of shrimp and they seem to eat most of it, he may eat more if you try the shrimp

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 12 year old, 11 inch Natt that is the same way. He eats almost nothing for weeks at a time while the smaller, skinny ones gobble up all the food, but he still stays plump and healthy. I guess full grown piranha do not need much to sustain themselves!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red Bellied Bad Ass said:
I have a 12 year old, 11 inch Natt that is the same way. He eats almost nothing for weeks at a time while the smaller, skinny ones gobble up all the food, but he still stays plump and healthy. I guess full grown piranha do not need much to sustain themselves!
maybe the fat ones are less active so they require less food?

·
Registered
972 Posts
Cool. Spot on.

I know you know your sh*t, but for the sake of others just getting into the hobby and didn't know, I just wanted to ask that for archives sake when they read it.

Thank you for not taking offense with me for asking Nitro. :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts