Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Danger Davo
751 Posts
I'm Sure there is no problem in keeping a single Pygo in a tank.

However the joy of Pygos is the fact that they could be shoaled. And as we all know a nice shoal is a wonderful thing.

As to the size of the piraya.. Might not be affected that much. Growing may be slower as the competition for food is no longer there.. eating might reduce.

Your piraya's are very nice. Unfortunately I cant get those in my Country

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
Davo said:
Growing may be slower as the competition for food is no longer there.. eating might reduce.
[snapback]848757[/snapback]​
A Piraya's growth rate wont change due to competition for food, but by how its treated while on it growing stages.

Pirayas are known to grow the biggest of all Pygos, but getting there by placing it all alone in a tank isn't the keye. As stated, care with maintenance, food and water qualities are the main factors in keeping a certain P healthy and helping it to grow at the reasonable size anyone can wish for.

· Registered
302 Posts
i don't think there is anyhting wrong w/ keeping a pygo solo in a tank, but i always figured hey, if you can keep them together, it'd be more fun to watch! sure solo fish are kewl and all but i'd go for atleast a small shoal of 3 in a big tank jsut to keep things interesting

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.