Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard this pleco is aggressive towards other plecos, but could you put it with oscars and jack dempseys? or do you think it would harm it, or the other way around?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
dempseys may get a bit territorial sometimes and if the pleco is to small the oscar will probably consider it as food, but if the pleco is large enough it shouldnt be any problem

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Mine isn't agressive either, although he does hold its ground if necessary.
But he's just a tiny dude, 1,5" in size, sharing his tank with some other pleco's that are at least a few times more bulky.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the oscars are only 3 inches, and the pleco will be about 2", will this be ok?
How much did you pay for yours?
He is asking 25 for it, is that a fair price?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
cccordero said:
Well the oscars are only 3 inches, and the pleco will be about 2", will this be ok?
How much did you pay for yours?
He is asking 25 for it, is that a fair price?
[snapback]858562[/snapback]​
Should be ok - just make sure you have plenty of decor, so he can hide - Oscars grow fast, much faster than the pleco, so once the Oscars get larger, hiding places are necessary.

As far as the price goes: I paid 10 euro's (13 bucks) for mine - a steal, since most L-Numbers here are 30 euro's and more.
Some fish are easy to get in certain area's, and therefore cheaper. In other area's they are much more rare, and naturally much more expensive. Wheter your price is fair: if you think he's worth it, it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts