Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I figured out a way to do everything I wanted to do with moving my one red from my 30g to my 55g. I found some tiny red's (I mean micro) at my lfs. So I grabbed 2 of them. So here is my plan so far. Grow these little dudes up fast. Keep my other red in his 30g.. I thought he was about 3". Well it turns out he is more like 4 - 4.5". I only bought him April 14 ! At that time he was not bigger then a quarter. But here is the hard part. These new guys are like a little bigger then a dime. So does anyone think I can slow down the growth of my bigger red and grow these like tikes up quick?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I'd considere cutting back on your 4-5"ers feeding methods. Not starving, but a well reduced meal and or schedule. With your 2 new additions, do the opposite. Keep them well fed, have a daily feeding routine (3x day) and make sure water changes are always done (huge factor to grow bigger). Within no time your 2 little buggers will and would catch up to your 3-4"er. Ps usually have a very fast growth rate anywhere as babies till up to 5".

BTW: You've never mentioned what type of Ps you have..

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
yeah I would go with zilla, just reduce the one's appetite and increase the lil ones food supply and change their water more than his, you will be in business in no time.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
this is pretty much what i advised in the last post,a really good feeding routine for the new ones and they will get big and grow at a faster rate than the large one upto a few inches if only @ 2'' difference then they should be ok to add
dixon

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have been raising 5 rbp since juvies. I got them in feb, and what I have noticed is that there is a big difference in growth rate when I started to give them earthworms from the bait shop. I mean they tore them up, and I actually could tell a difference in growth compared to frozen food and feeders. Just my input!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts