Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i have had this fish for over a year now. Love it to death. But so far he has eaten countless fish. The lady at petsmart looked at me like I was crazy because there supposed to be herbivores. But so far he has eaten 2 tainted glass fish, a scissortail goldfish, a blue catfish, two betas (on seperate occasions i dont fight them so dont get concerned) and a whole school of 4 four small fish. So, all thats left in my tank is him, 1 glass fish, and my algae eater. Anybody else ever experience or hear about or killer pacu? is it really a pacu that i have? ill post pics up later. He does have teeth and does draw blood when you stick your finger in the tank lol

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Okay so i have had this fish for over a year now. Love it to death. But so far he has eaten countless fish. The lady at petsmart looked at me like I was crazy because there supposed to be herbivores. But so far he has eaten 2 tainted glass fish, a scissortail goldfish, a blue catfish, two betas (on seperate occasions i dont fight them so dont get concerned) and a whole school of 4 four small fish. So, all thats left in my tank is him, 1 glass fish, and my algae eater. Anybody else ever experience or hear about or killer pacu? is it really a pacu that i have? ill post pics up later. He does have teeth and does draw blood when you stick your finger in the tank lol
Yeah man-My big ass pacu will eat ne thing that can fit into his mouth-He has eaten countless amounts of fish over the past year and a half!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we feed him everything, he really likes pieces of wendys hamburgers and random bugs and we find in the dormroom, i had no idea he was gonna get as big as he is

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Why in the world would you feed him something as retarted as fast food hamburgers man-Thats pretty lame
you can also expect him to get much bigger-Mine is sittin in at over 20 inches at the moment

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why in the world would you feed him something as retarted as fast food hamburgers man-Thats pretty lame
you can also expect him to get much bigger-Mine is sittin in at over 20 inches at the moment
were a bunch of college kids what do you expect, its like a delicacy for the fish anyway!

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
were a bunch of college kids what do you expect, its like a delicacy for the fish anyway!
[/quote]

so studying makes you retarded?

·
Registered
272 Posts
yah you cant use the college kid excuse for being a dumb ass, I use it when i dont want to tip the pizza guy(im a poor college kid), or Im not an alchoholic im a college kid. But as far as commen sense goes , college shouldnt affect that

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You really shoudnt be feeding your pacu fastfood. I mean its not good for people so why would it be good for a fish. Sounds like you are not going to be able to add anything to your tank unless its about the same size or bigger than your pacu. Good luck

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Just want to know. How big is it exactly?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
[/quote]

dude dont play your dumbass-ness on being a college kid, im a sophmore and that is just stupidity on your part. If fastfood makes humans FAT and UNHEALTHY why do you think it would do any different to a fish?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
No one is going answer how big the fish is because the guy probably left the site after being called retarted. If he was doing something wrong (which he was), just say "hey fast is good for your fish so feed it something else"

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
If is a very common notion for Pacus to be labeled as herbivores; however, to be correct they are omnivores. I used to have two Pacus that would eat any feeder that I put in the tank. Yes, all Pacus have teeth. They are large blunt teeth set in the back of their throats. If the fish is big enough, he will draw blood. Hell, I used to have a 12" Oscar that would draw blood if he bit your finger.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
No one is going answer how big the fish is because the guy probably left the site after being called retarted. If he was doing something wrong (which he was), just say "hey fast is good for your fish so feed it something else"
Aw well.
If only pacu's didn't grow to be so large I'd probably get a couple.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have been lucky, my pacu is about 10 inches long an i have a glo-fish in the tank with him. he doesn't bother him at all. i do make sure the pacu doesnt go hungry though. i have been told by a bunch of people that the pacus will eat whatever they fit in there mouth.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts