Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Could i feed my 3 P's kidneys or liver.

This is something which is readily available from the shops. so i thought why not???

What do you think, folks????

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
If you can feed your Ps gizzards and hearts, for sure liver and kidneys too. Alot of meat, but never anything pork!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah cheers Rhomzilla!!
thats good to know. I find even the smallest of beef chunks are too tough for the P's to bite off - they only end up wrestling with it!

I assume that like bits of kidney are softer and easier to chew on.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
I would stay away from liver. It has a bad habbit of clouding water in tanks.

~Dj

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Keep in mind that some organs are used to break down certain chemicals/toxins in the body or have similar 'cleansing' functions (think about what the liver does).
I'm by no means a star in biology, and I don't know if toxins and/or chemicals build up in those organs...
Anyways, personally I prefer regular meat or fish above organs (except beef/pork/whatever heart, that is).

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Raw chicken is fine, and many p's seem to love it: just rince it thoroughly, because chicken can be a bit slimey, and you don't want that stuff in your tank, I guess :smile:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Judazzz said:
Keep in mind that some organs are used to break down certain chemicals/toxins in the body or have similar 'cleansing' functions (think about what the liver does).
I'm by no means a star in biology, and I don't know if toxins and/or chemicals build up in those organs...
Anyways, personally I prefer regular meat or fish above organs (except beef/pork/whatever heart, that is).
yeah but as long as it is a healthy liver they deliver the most amounts of nutrients and are very healthy

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
Judazzz said:
yeah but as long as it is a healthy liver they deliver the most amounts of nutrients and are very healthy
Ok, got that: no liver from alcoholic lifestock......

But do keep in mind that when people eat organ meat, it's cooked and processed and all, so any unwanted substances would probably be gone by the heat.
Raw is a different story, I think (although p's eat decomposing meat and every other part from carcasses in the wild.....), but then again, I skipped biology pretty early in my school 'career', so correct me if I'm wrong :smile:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chicken or liver!!!!!

errrrr maybe liver, errrr maybe chicken

ahhhh my brain hurts!!!!!!!!

Thanks all!!!!

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,887 Posts
I FOUND THAT MY PIRANHAS LIKE LIVER BUT CLOUDS UP THE WATER AFTER THEY EAT AND SO I WENT WITH SAMON AND THEY LOVE IT EVEN THE CATFISH JOINES IN.ONE OF THE CATFISH DIED IN THAT EXPERINCE ALREADY.I THINK THE PIRANHA GOT JEALOUS AND THE PIRANHA KILLED HIM.THEY DIDENT EAT HIM THOUGH.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts