Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So every generation of my family has been fisherman...... And New Bedford being one of the largest exports of sea food in the United states my family has had the largest fleet of scollap boats and has been the most succesfull. Yet my father wanted me to be an engineer or have some type of office job i want to work with my hands and im drawn twords the sea. So today Im headed down to the boats looking for a spot for the summer/year ( im gonna take a year off of school and make some $$). The deck hands on the boats make around 15k a f*cking trip, averaging 10 trips per year... Once taxes are all taken out thats a f*cking sh*t load of money. Now i know i can work my way up to captain i have the connections and drive and who knows how much there making a trip....... so needless to say wish me luck and i hope i find myself a job on a boat today.

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,507 Posts
Sounds Awesome man
Glad you have found what it is you want to do in life...
I am in first year of college right now and I have no idea what it is I want to do...

It's enough to drive you insane.

Good Luck on your travels mate

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
In one year I will be a college grad with a Computer Information systems degree and german. Tell me those degrees dont lead straight to a f*cking office job, exactly what I could never do. I love the outdoors and especially water, might have to look into that or a scuba guide on some sick tropical island but I would feel like I wasted 5 years of college to not use either degree.
So I guess I am saying I envy you, you are doing what you want to do.

Sheppard said:
Sounds Awesome man
Glad you have found what it is you want to do in life...
I am in first year of college right now and I have no idea what it is I want to do...

It's enough to drive you insane.

Good Luck on your travels mate

[snapback]956436[/snapback]​
Adults ask kids what they want to do because they are looking for ideas, that came from a movie, forgot which one though.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got my name in on a few boats. i have a month and a half left of school so ill be going down here and there to see how things are and to see if i can get on a boat for the summer..... and once ur on a boat u stay on it. And from the captains i talked to 2 of them seamed interested in taking me. And i have mad connections so if it comes down to it ill just go out on my uncles boat. but i'd rather do things myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts