Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Kazaa Lite for a while on my own computer .I installed it for some friends last night and noticed some really nice improvements.
If you are using an older version, you might want to upgrade.

http://doa2.host.sk/

I've included a screen cap of the latest version.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
Is kazaa lite the one you have to pay for?

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's free and as far as I know operates under Win95 and up.
I installed it on a Win2k Pro machine last night .

Don't forget to keep your Anti-virus def files up to date.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I was using Kazza-lite.. however it is not the optimal program to use if you are hooked into a college network. Shareeza has almost instantaneous downloading abilities. I get most songs in under 5 seconds, and full movies take about 8-10 minutes, plus you can see exactly what is going on with the downloads. Definately check this program out if you are on a big network.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
BDKing57 said:
I was using Kazza-lite.. however it is not the optimal program to use if you are hooked into a college network. Shareeza has almost instantaneous downloading abilities. I get most songs in under 5 seconds, and full movies take about 8-10 minutes, plus you can see exactly what is going on with the downloads. Definately check this program out if you are on a big network.
Hmmm, I wonder how this program is able to achieve such throughput.

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
Xenon said:
BDKing57 said:
Hmmm, I wonder how this program is able to achieve such throughput.
Mutual usage of college T1 connections, which would result in WAY higher upload speeds than cable/dsl services, I would presume, ans subsequently much higher DL speed for the reciever

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
A single T1 is only 1.544 Mbps. A unsaturated cable modem can push 1Mbps downstream. I am not saying its possible, just wondering how the Citadel achieves such throughput in its network. The thing about file sharing is that the speed of the download is dependant on its slowest counterpart.

BDKing is probably referring to sharing with people on the same physical network (at the Citadel) as him. In that case, transfer speeds can reach 10-100Mbps depending on the network hardware connecting his dorm/barracks.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You are NOT going to get a song in 5 seconds on a T1. For starters you'll never get the full use of the line, too many variables in play to cause interference. Secondly there are other people using it. I think X is right, he's probably talking about people on his local network in which case the rates will be extremely high.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
my guess is like x's, he's probaby sharing with students on the same network. When I was living on campus I had all my friends who also lived on campus set up file sharing on their AIM and share their music folder. This enabled us to download songs from eachother very easily and it only took bout 3-4 seconds to download a song. At certain times (late at night when there was lower traffic) the xfer speed was at 1mbps or a little higher.

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.