Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Banned
482 Posts
*didnt read the whole thread*
I think all animals feel pain, even bugs. Because when you kill or hurt like an ant it will twitch and run fast.

Also if any animals didnt feel pain why would they fight? usually when in a fight you HAVE to feel pain to loose. Or if one fish tears the scales off another the one that is missing scales doesn't just keep swimming like nothing happened, it jets because it feels pain.
I'm not a scientist but that's just my opinion.
well said

·
Banned
165 Posts
my thoughts on this :

yes.. those mounted dead piranha look incredibly badass. the huge teeth really pop and it looks ferocious.

my live piranha on the other hand, don't need any augmentation. They're just babies, but the piranha reputation precedes them. I thought it was just a given that piranha are vicious killers.. I don't need to see their teeth.. I know they're packin razor blades in there.. In fact.. I think it's cooler than you DON'T see the teeth.. kinda like a secret weapon.

Now.. speaking of PIRANHA TEETH... how many of you have collected shed teeth? I read somewhere they shed their teeth similar to sharks.. except they all come out in 4 sections instead of individually.

·
Banned
165 Posts
in addition.. I know I can't stop people from doing this themselves.. and I think I would simply verbalize my disapproval in an attempt to make them think for a minute about what they're doing. Or simply refuse to buy the piranha with cut lips... Tell the store owner you want them au natural. Maybe he'll feel guilty about what he's doing and stop.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't know how somebody could even think about doing that to a live Piranha, there must be something definately wrong with them if they even think about it. It has to be one of the rudest things I have seen.

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
Well people, People have seen these images and they just think its kewl as hell. So here is what happened. I was browsing the net one day and found this image.

http://www.worth1000.com/emailthis.asp?entry=163763

Its a picture of the first picture in the entry but morphed with a small dog. I thought it was pretty shitty that they were exploiting this picture and a injured fish so I contacted the live support here is the log of the conversation.

Ravious Cruel Picture on display

Ziaphra Hello, Travis. I will be assisting you with your question. Thank you for waiting a few moments while I prepare to help you.

Ravious Thank you

Ziaphra What seems to be the problem...

Ravious Well, I would like to complain about a picture that is on your website, is shows a picture of a dog that has been morphed with a piranha, which is no problem in itself, but the picture displays the mouth of a piranha (alive) that his been tortured by removing it lips with a razor to display its teeth, I'm sure that you have a requirment that none of the animals were harmed for the shooting of these photo's but in this case this is not the fact

Ravious http://www.worth1000.com/emailthis.asp?entry=163763
is the link to the picture

Ravious I would like to ask that this picture be removed from your site as to not promote that this type of animal torture is acceptable in any way. Even just in the form it is being used.

Ziaphra Hold on a sec...

dollyllama hi Travis, I'm an administrator on the site

Ravious Hello Dollyllama

dollyllama I see your concern and I can assure you that anything done to the pirhana was done in PS, no one actually razored the lips off the fist

dollyllama er, fish
dollyllama It was merely done for effect

Ravious I'm sorry, but this image, i have seen before, it is an actual image if a pirahna fish that the owner had cut the lips off with a razor to make it look more "mean" I know the photo very well. It was then merged in photo shop with the picture of the dog, the animal was harmed, perhaps not by the person who made this photo, but in fact it was cut

dollyllama Well I have no evidence of that. And unless you're the owner of the original image, with a complaint about copyright, I cannot take the image down. I think it's horrendous that someone would harm an animal in any way, I don't condone it. But nothing about this image condones it either. No more than it condones mating a chihuahua with a pirhana

Ravious http://www.piranha-fury.com/photopost/data...ha_lips-med.jpg

Ravious this is the link to the original picture

Ravious showing the damaged fish

Ravious notice the bit of hanging fleash from the bottom of the mouth

Ravious thats how I identified the image in the first place

dollyllama I think it's a gruesome picture, but again, I have no proof that the fish was harmed

and not ps'd, nor do I have any proof that that image was used in the photoshop, nor do we promote such cruelty. I think your objection should be, if what you say is true, with the person at goffsministries.org or the person who did the actual harm to the fish.

Ravious As you wish. I am saving a copy of this conversation to be posted along with a link to the picture in question to the animal rights groups forums, as well as the Pirahna Owners Clubs. I respect you decision, but I do not agree with it. I thank you for your time.

-------------------------------------------------

I know, I may be taking things a little too far, but it just ticks me off, this is not something thats funny and that people should find amusing, I find it to be horrible. Does anyone else feel this way? I just hope im not the only one.

I will admit the picture it cool, it looks great, but I just dont feel that it is acceptable.
u have ALOT of time on ur hands

·
Registered
11,757 Posts
Well people, People have seen these images and they just think its kewl as hell. So here is what happened. I was browsing the net one day and found this image.

http://www.worth1000.com/emailthis.asp?entry=163763

Its a picture of the first picture in the entry but morphed with a small dog. I thought it was pretty shitty that they were exploiting this picture and a injured fish so I contacted the live support here is the log of the conversation.

Ravious Cruel Picture on display

Ziaphra Hello, Travis. I will be assisting you with your question. Thank you for waiting a few moments while I prepare to help you.

Ravious Thank you

Ziaphra What seems to be the problem...

Ravious Well, I would like to complain about a picture that is on your website, is shows a picture of a dog that has been morphed with a piranha, which is no problem in itself, but the picture displays the mouth of a piranha (alive) that his been tortured by removing it lips with a razor to display its teeth, I'm sure that you have a requirment that none of the animals were harmed for the shooting of these photo's but in this case this is not the fact

Ravious http://www.worth1000.com/emailthis.asp?entry=163763
is the link to the picture

Ravious I would like to ask that this picture be removed from your site as to not promote that this type of animal torture is acceptable in any way. Even just in the form it is being used.

Ziaphra Hold on a sec...

dollyllama hi Travis, I'm an administrator on the site

Ravious Hello Dollyllama

dollyllama I see your concern and I can assure you that anything done to the pirhana was done in PS, no one actually razored the lips off the fist

dollyllama er, fish
dollyllama It was merely done for effect

Ravious I'm sorry, but this image, i have seen before, it is an actual image if a pirahna fish that the owner had cut the lips off with a razor to make it look more "mean" I know the photo very well. It was then merged in photo shop with the picture of the dog, the animal was harmed, perhaps not by the person who made this photo, but in fact it was cut

dollyllama Well I have no evidence of that. And unless you're the owner of the original image, with a complaint about copyright, I cannot take the image down. I think it's horrendous that someone would harm an animal in any way, I don't condone it. But nothing about this image condones it either. No more than it condones mating a chihuahua with a pirhana

Ravious http://www.piranha-fury.com/photopost/data...ha_lips-med.jpg

Ravious this is the link to the original picture

Ravious showing the damaged fish

Ravious notice the bit of hanging fleash from the bottom of the mouth

Ravious thats how I identified the image in the first place

dollyllama I think it's a gruesome picture, but again, I have no proof that the fish was harmed

and not ps'd, nor do I have any proof that that image was used in the photoshop, nor do we promote such cruelty. I think your objection should be, if what you say is true, with the person at goffsministries.org or the person who did the actual harm to the fish.

Ravious As you wish. I am saving a copy of this conversation to be posted along with a link to the picture in question to the animal rights groups forums, as well as the Pirahna Owners Clubs. I respect you decision, but I do not agree with it. I thank you for your time.

-------------------------------------------------

I know, I may be taking things a little too far, but it just ticks me off, this is not something thats funny and that people should find amusing, I find it to be horrible. Does anyone else feel this way? I just hope im not the only one.

I will admit the picture it cool, it looks great, but I just dont feel that it is acceptable.
u have ALOT of time on ur hands
[/quote]

well hes spends it fighting for something he believes in, great job!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
CUTTING A PIRANHAS LIPS IS WRONG, MY FRIEND DID THAT THEY LOOKED COOL, BUT ONE DIED SOMEHOW

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Boooo.

·
Mentally Addicted!
3,326 Posts
getting the chills just thinking about it...getting a razor blade and slowly slicing my Ps flesh
never

·
Registered
22 Posts
People cut the lips off of their live Piranha? In the 30+ years of raising Piranha I've never heard of this before. People are so stupid.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Damn waking the dead. lot of funny sh*t in this thread. Members bashing lip cutters when they avatar shows two pits or roosters facing off. I've personally never met anyone that's done it either but on the other hand I've seen a lot of people that jump to the conclusion that a fishes lips have been removed when its pretty common they get bit off why feeding bigger foods.

·
P-Fury
4,872 Posts
Damn waking the dead. lot of funny sh*t in this thread. Members bashing lip cutters when they avatar shows two pits or roosters facing off. I've personally never met anyone that's done it either but on the other hand I've seen a lot of people that jump to the conclusion that a fishes lips have been removed when its pretty common they get bit off why feeding bigger foods.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.