Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when should i start feeding these guys fish and meat? since yesterday i have been feeding them hikari cichlid gold, flakes and bloodworms. They enjoyed the flakes and bloodworms but the pellets took forever for them to eat it.

So when would you guys recommend i start throwing in some fish or meat?

Oh and they are still babies. Just one inchers.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Flakes and some bloodworms!

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
steady diet of bloodworms is bad for the piranha, I would go with shrimp more so than the worms. Beefheart works well to you can start feeding them this at any time as long as they don't have their yolk sak still on them lol. you have to make it small enough for them to eat, if they were really tiny I would go with brine shrimp they love it, they slurp it up like squetti noodles.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i think im gonna go pick up some shrimp today or tomorrow. i tried feeding them the cichlid gold pellets again but they didnt seem to interested. however they did go crazy for the bloodworms and the flakes.

chris

·
Registered
25 Posts
yea any food for them now is really fine as long as it does not contain addictives. Make sure to keep the foods varied. Its healthier for them. Feeders are good too (as long as you breed them to make sure they have no diseases)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay,

yesterday i went to the local 99 ranch and they had a special on shrimp for 2.99 a pound! so i bought 2 bux worth along with a dollars worth of smelt. well i quickly found out that my baby p's can handle like half a shrimp per feeding so i think i bought like a month or two supply of food.

oh well at least they will be happy and i think im going have some steamed shrimp for dinner tonight.

oh yea for anybody that lives in cali make sure to visit your 99 ranch for seafood and not places like vons and ralphs. 99 ranch is a lot cheaper!

chris

ps. damn i saw meat at 99 ranch that i never knew was available. i think my p's now have an inexhaustable supply of cheap food. not to mention a huge variety.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts