Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they're going to be pretty small, like 1.5 inches or so. the guy that runs the place is pretty cool and is getting them for me for 15 bucks each. hopefully they'll be in by the end of next week. they're all going to be living in a 55 gallon tank for awhile. any suggestions or anything to help me out would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18,153 Posts
I'd suggest a lot of hiding places, a regular feeding scedule, and a dose of good luck...
Spilo's aren't especially known for their sociable behaviour, so there's a real chance you'll end up with one fat, content spilo. On the other hand, a 55 gallon tank might be large enough for a while, but eventually you'll have to upgrade, if they all make it...
Good luck :smile:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know i'm taking a pretty big risk and may lose a couple of the spilos, but as long as i'm left with one bad spilo i won't be too terribly disappointed. of course i'd like to keep all 3 if i can. i'm planning on upgrading to a 125 gallon by the end of the summer or whenever they hit about 4 inches, whichever comes first. i'm gonna buy alot more plants and rocks so they can hide, thanks for the suggestions.

·
Beautiful One
8,136 Posts
Nice to hear post your pics when you get them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.