Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved into a new house today. my dad decided to get a 90 gal tank so I spent all day setting that up and moving all my fish from my 33gal into it. Once I find the digital camera, I will take tons of pics because it is the coolest community tank ever. On one side, it looks like a normal tank on a stand up aginst the wall, and on the other side, it looks like it is in the wall.
It sucks that I only have 1 month to enjoy it before I move out and go to boot camp

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Boot camp in July?! Why for?

Congrats on the new 90g. Im sure your fish must like it..

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boot camp for the Navy. I go on active duty Aug 4th and thats when I start boot camp.

Hopefully I will find the camera tonight

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
I just moved into a new house today. my dad decided to get a 90 gal tank so I spent all day setting that up and moving all my fish from my 33gal into it
u dident let the tank cycle

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
[/quote]
Well, I kinda did.
I bought the filter for it a couple of months ago and let it run on my 33g for that time. I also bought all of the gravel and added it to the 33g so it had like 5in of gravel in it! Then, I moved it all (including the water) to the 90g and set it up. I added 15gal of treated water a day untill the tank was full. Then, I added all of the driftwood (which has been soaking in a bucket for 4 weeks) and fake plants yesterday.
There has been no deaths and no ammonia/nirtite/Ph spikes at all and I have tested it everyday.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
bgshortys said:
Well, I kinda did.
I bought the filter for it a couple of months ago and let it run on my 33g for that time. I also bought all of the gravel and added it to the 33g so it had like 5in of gravel in it! Then, I moved it all (including the water) to the 90g and set it up. I added 15gal of treated water a day untill the tank was full. Then, I added all of the driftwood (which has been soaking in a bucket for 4 weeks) and fake plants yesterday.
There has been no deaths and no ammonia/nirtite/Ph spikes at all and I have tested it everyday. [/quote]
good luck

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
That sucks man.. You just recently set-up a 90 gal and soon your gonna be leaving for boot camp. What kinda Ps do you have?? Ill be waiting for your thread in the BUY and SELL forum when you do leave.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
RhomZilla said:
That sucks man.. You just recently set-up a 90 gal and soon your gonna be leaving for boot camp. What kinda Ps do you have?? Ill be waiting for your thread in the BUY and SELL forum when you do leave.
I don't know if any of you guys know what the deal is, so here is the whole story.

I live with my parents right now and I am going to boot camp in a month. I had a 33g community tank in my old house and my dad liked it so much, he decided to buy himself a 90g for the new house. I had to set it up and I put all the fish/fake plants/gravel etc. from my 33g into his 90g. Once that tank is more stable, he is going to get some other community fish. When I go to boot camp, he will be taking care of the tank from then on. He knows what he is doing because he had a 55g before I was even born.

The kind of fish in there right now are
Corydoras catfish
a b-nose pleco
a leapord danio
clown loaches
a mollie
a red tailed shark
red clawed crabs
an african dwarf frog
platies and fancy guppies.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
bgshortys said:
RhomZilla said:
I don't know if any of you guys know what the deal is, so here is the whole story.

I live with my parents right now and I am going to boot camp in a month. I had a 33g community tank in my old house and my dad liked it so much, he decided to buy himself a 90g for the new house. I had to set it up and I put all the fish/fake plants/gravel etc. from my 33g into his 90g. Once that tank is more stable, he is going to get some other community fish. When I go to boot camp, he will be taking care of the tank from then on. He knows what he is doing because he had a 55g before I was even born.

The kind of fish in there right now are
Corydoras catfish
a b-nose pleco
a leapord danio
clown loaches
a mollie
a red tailed shark
red clawed crabs
an african dwarf frog
platies and fancy guppies.
nice setup...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts