·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whatcha guys think?

·
Banned
4,315 Posts
Probably rhom, but it appears the spots near the tail may be barlike which would lead me to say it is an altuvei.

Can anyone photoshop that pic to get a better look at the spotting pattern?

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
Probably rhom, but it appears the spots near the tail may be barlike which would lead me to say it is an altuvei.

I looked at it, and its hard to see but from what I was able to see there is no barring.

·
Banned
4,315 Posts

I looked at it, and its hard to see but from what I was able to see there is no barring.
[/quote]

Thanks Sean.

It appears all signs so far point to S. rhombeus.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
dont rhoms grow fast for the first year (like to 4-6 inches) then slow down to 1-2?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i dont know why none of my pics are showing up- yes ive had him since he was the size of a quarter, its just a estimate being 2 yrs- may have been close to three- I kinda fooled you guys- this fish was identified a couple times about a year ago on here as compressus or altuveii- But his bars are almost all gone now and led me to think he was a rhom- I had him in a 30g long for the past 6 months but he just always stays in one spot so i put him back in the 20g- yes he is about 7", i hope he is a rhom - i will take better pics soon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.