Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 10 inch Rhom from Drew today. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo happy. He is in a 100 gallon long tank by himself. Before anybody yells at me for jumping in with no experience. I have lot and lots of other fish and have been keeping fish for 10 years. I am not a fish newbie just a p newbie. And a piranha-fury newbie. Peace and respect!

Mobayrasta............

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
yeah post some pics and keep us posted on how things go, so what's the rhoms name?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Welcome to the board!!!

Nah, dont worry about us bagg'in on you.. we dont do that here unless its reguarding the endangerment for your fish.
Plus you seem to be well experienced with the hobby.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Welcome to 2 addictions.

1) Piranha Fishkeeping!
2) Piranha-Fury!

Number one will drain your wallet, and number 2 will drain your time!

Congrats....

X

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes it is an addiction allready. Next is a Manuelli. And some gold spilo's
. Thanks for the welcome to the board. The reason I asked not to be ragged on,was on Pfish some of the piranha keepers were telling me I did'nt have the experience to have a rhom I should have got some red bellies. I am super happy with my new addiction,I mean Rhom. Thanks again for the welcome.

Mobayrasta...............

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
Mobayrasta said:
The reason I asked not to be ragged on,was on Pfish some of the piranha keepers were telling me I did'nt have the experience to have a rhom I should have got some red bellies.
Well, having kept both pygos and a large rhom, I would have to say the big rhom was the easiest piranha I have ever kept because 1) you dont need to worry about him fighting with anything, 2) water was easy to keep nice because you are only dealing with one fish, as apposed to a shoal that creates way more mess. I wonder if the people that were bashing you were not just jealous and have probably never even seen a large rhom, let alone kept one.

I have often wondered why reds are thought of as a beginner piranha, and I think it is because of the price and availability. I think most Serras in a tank alone are much easier than reds.
You should have no problem and welcome the site.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
"(...) 1) you dont need to worry about him fighting with anything, 2) water was easy to keep nice because you are only dealing with one fish, as apposed to a shoal that creates way more mess (...)" (from grosse gurke)

100 % agree!

Welcome home and congrats for your new Rhom. A great piranha to care for!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Croz said:
congrats. and yes this is the greatest site for piranha information and i think the best bunch of people on the net.
NO doubt!!!
You stumbled in the right place!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts