Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i'm new here. just got my baby rbp's. they're 2 inches, and really active. once i put them in the tank they started swimming around as if they knew it was home. anyways, got 1 question though, one of them seems like he is caught between 2 plant leaves? i'm not sure if he's stuck or just trying to blend in since he might be a shy guy. i was going to try and move the plant leaf, but im not sure if i want to since it might freak him out. what do you guys think, could he just be using it for shelter? i would think that these guys are strong enough to swim out of a situation like this if he is indeed stuck between leaves. any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
Welcome aboard ....

P-unit ...

So you got 2 p's in what size tank ?

Any pics ?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Hey man, welcome aboard

The little guy that's hiding is probably still stressed from being bagged, transported and put in a unknown tank. I'd let him be for now, as chasing him will only cause more stress.
Sooner or later, hunger and curiosity will get the upper hand, and he should become more active and outgoing. But keep in mind that Reds can be very skittish, and can remain like that for for a very long period.

Good luck with them!
And do you have any pics to share?

·
Registered
664 Posts
I say leave him alone for now. Piranhas are strong and are quite capable of getting out of some plants. He is probably stressed and is taking cover to feel more secure. charish the time when they're babies because they grow up super quick. In about 2 monthes your little guys will be twice the size that they are now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts