Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys next door to me left for some reason and today I noticed a fish tank filled with paper and broken fans and door locks and other misc stuff. The management of the apartment was here and I saw I didnt want the stuff in the tank but I would like the tank. he said go for it. So I took all the stuff out and lugged that heavy guy over here. I measured it and it is 48 by 12 by 20. is that a 55 gallon?? or a 40 long?? Just wondering. Its one of those old time aquariums. Its got that thick silver trim around the whole thing and it seems to have some kind of dark slate on the bottom. it is still kinda dirty so Im gonna put it in the shower and wash it down and see how it looks then. Still not sure if Im gonna keep it or sell it. Regardless life is good.

·
Sex Kitten Lover
358 Posts
I went to Nate's calculation page on his site, and it came out to 49.858357248000004 gallons.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
sweet when sh*t is frees..congrad ..any idea to what might go in??

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont know. I am thinking of putting some reds in it if I keep it.

I got to figure out how I can put a top on this guy. its not made liek the newer ones so the hood and all that cant sit in the tank and be secure. I guess I will have to go with some kind of screen or some make shift top. Gotta weight these options

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nope not as of yet. Its gonna have to cycle before I actually put my money fish in there. I might still end up selling it. THoughit isnt everyday u get a free 55.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
Hannibal said:
nope not as of yet. Its gonna have to cycle before I actually put my money fish in there. I might still end up selling it. THoughit isnt everyday u get a free 55.
Aww come on man, use it! get some nice chiclids or some thing?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Havign to get silicons for a whole 55 gallon tank. I did it for my old 10 gallon a long time ago but man...... I gotta see how much that stuff costs and the directions and all that. Might not be worth it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.