Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey
I just got 2 rbp's they are about the size of quarters, and i just have a few newbie questions, and am open to suggestions.
I have a 25 gallon tank(i know they are going to out grow it, an i will invest in one when they get a little larger) In the tankk right now are the 2 p's, 3 mollies, 2 feeder guppies, 2 sucker fish of some kind(algie eaters?) and a bata. the other fish are from a previous set up, and i expect the p's to eat them at some point, or at least kill them. well maybe not the sucker fish, i've seen really big ones in with p's before.
the p's are biting at all except the suckers right now, and most have small pieces of their tails missing now. I feed them flakes too, wihich they seem to like as well. I have also thrown in a small piece of trout at one point, and another time a piece of beef. The ate at both, but i took them out after a while so it wouldn't mess up the tank.
Is there anything else i should be doing? or not doing?

they are very avtive and swim around the tank sometimes chasing other fish(they like the bata, his once big fan tail is not really small) They hid under things for the first 20 minutes then came out around attacking other fish.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
yeah, that sounds about right, I suggest you get another, because 2 don't get along all that well when they are bigger.
As for anything else - just ask.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Since the P's are still small I would go ahead and invest in at least one more. I am pretty sure one of the p's will eventually turn on the other one if you dont get a few more to even out the pack. I would just feed them brine shrimp and stuff for now and not worry too much about feeding them live food until they get bigger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

so should i just leave whats in there now(and i think im going to add another p) in there until they kill or maim the other fish enough that i have to take them out? or should i take them out now?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Personally I would take them out and put them in a differant tank, but I'm like these kinds of fish!
they will die in the end if left with the piranhas, they won't enjoy it but your piranhas will.
and the sucker fish - probbably commen plecos - might be OK with the piranhas, but move it if it starts to get harrassed.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I would probably take the others out because your p's are too small to kill them quickly and I dont like to see things get picked too death. You plecos should be fine, I have yet to loose one (almost to my rhom but I got him out in time).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.