Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL i know they cant haha they are about 2" right now and i threw some frozen blood worms in there and they ate it right up after being in there only 2 min. whats some good stuff to feed these guys? i have a 55 gallon saved for them when they get bigger and gonna be moving my ps to a 120 gal...yea baby i cant wait! hehe anyone else have any clowns? cya and i hope i got everyone attention with the title and description LOL

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
dude good luck..clown knife grow huge...no joke......they eat anything that meaty(shrimp,feeders.beefheart) you can also get them to eat pellets.i seen one awhile back that had to be at least three feet long.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well me personally i dont like to keep fish that are really big at least for now because my space is limited in my room to be getting a bunch of huge tanks maybe when we get settled in a house of our own (waiting for the deal to close) but for now i love just raising fish...i plan on selling them when they out grow the 55 gallon and probably start with 2 little ones again...my friend has a huge one in a 55 and i keep telling him to get rid of it or get a bigger tank but he wont listen heh anyway thanks for the help and i will get some pics up soon =) how many " a year do they grow?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I dont know how fast they grow, but it will have factors like tank size, and amount of food it eats, but I also say get rid or upgrade the tank as they are not suitable for small tanks

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Yeah your tank is way to small, used to have 2 but they ourgrew the 33G fast, so I got rid of them. Thye need a MASSIVE tank, not worth it in my opinion. Mine sucked.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya when they outgrow i will end up getting rid of it but til then i can raise em...the pet stores around here will give u like 40 bucks for even like a 6" er heh i got these 2 for 5 bucks

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
mtx1 said:
ya when they outgrow i will end up getting rid of it but til then i can raise em...the pet stores around here will give u like 40 bucks for even like a 6" er heh i got these 2 for 5 bucks
why were you asking about this when you "know" the answer anyway, and BTW I still suggest you take them back :nod:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
innes if u read the above i did not know all of the answers to the questions i asked
first of all i asked what do they eat, second i asked if anyone else has had them and third i wanted to know how fast they grew so that i knew how long i could keep them...i also mentioned how much the lfs will give me for one even 6 inches i will make 70 bucks with both of my fish and only have them for half a year...and who knows by then i may want to keep them and get a big tank or maybe i will want to trade them for something at my lfs before then...it all depends on what happens between that time. like i said before i like raising fish....i raised 3 rbps to about 6" and then sold em back to the lfs and made a little money in my pocket while doing it...its fun for me because they are awesome to watch and i get to pick and choose the ones i wanna keep for life

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my friend owns the lfs here he dont know much about fish but he is always cool about giving me good deals on stuff i wanna get rid of =) like i said raising fish is what i like doing most in the hobby...my clowns already takedown feeders but they are real small ones i caught in the lake by our house...haha and man do they love bloodworms do yours like the top of the water alot? mine are always hanging out on top and there is a bubble wand in there and stuff so i know its not for lack of air....also...would a 120 gal be good for a full size clown? or is that too small? i could probably eliminate the 55 and go with 2 120s if i do decide to keep these guys

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
mtx1 said:
innes if u read the above i did not know all of the answers to the questions i asked
first of all i asked what do they eat, second i asked if anyone else has had them and third i wanted to know how fast they grew so that i knew how long i could keep them...i also mentioned how much the lfs will give me for one even 6 inches i will make 70 bucks with both of my fish and only have them for half a year...and who knows by then i may want to keep them and get a big tank or maybe i will want to trade them for something at my lfs before then...it all depends on what happens between that time. like i said before i like raising fish....i raised 3 rbps to about 6" and then sold em back to the lfs and made a little money in my pocket while doing it...its fun for me because they are awesome to watch and i get to pick and choose the ones i wanna keep for life :nod:
its cool dude, I just wouldn't do it myself

my friend owns the lfs here he dont know much about fish

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well actually i have only seen a 120 gal once before in my life so i dont know the demensions...it may sound dumb but our lfs only had one and they sold it...this is a small town so we dont get much cool stuff...i am gonna have to drive 2 hrs away to get my 120 or my 180 not sure what ima get yet and i had some small bass in with my clowns hoping that the clowns would bite em but they didnt and as soon as i took the bass out the started hanging out at the bottom again...i love the way these fish swim they are awesome

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Nice pic, and
:welcome:
to PFury englishman

where in England are you from?

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Yeah I live in Newcastle, in fact I know all about Leeds and have visted it many times as I know many people who either currently live their, have lived their or are planning on moving their.

I hope you enjoy PFury

1 - 20 of 22 Posts