Piranhas Forum banner

Just bought my first p's

929 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  SnowCichlid. 
#1 ·
I bought 2 reds to put in a 35 gal. tank...I know I should have more together,but the pet store said that they haven't had any problems with them getting along and that is the only 2 p's in town.They are about 4".They seem to be getting along ok in my tank.Do you think that they will be ok together just the 2 of them.Thanks.

#4 ·
Welcome to PF!! A divider is a good idea, but 2 4" RBs in a 35 gal? As soon as your boys stalk up their territory, your likely have the dominant one kill the other over more space. As most will tell you, 20 gal per fish.. and also a good idea to have them in odd numbers. Aside from all this.. enjoy your RBs!!!

#5 ·
hey while you can try to introduce some dither fish like black widows that will be strictly a dither for them and not a lunch if possible.
best time to introduce them is after a heavy feeding and chuck a couple of feeders in there at the same time. This way you might just be able to get away with the 2 P's together

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.