Piranhas Forum banner

How much longer do you think my non-piranhas will last?

• less than 1 month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 month

• 2 months

• 3 months

• more than 3 months

• won't get munched

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I'm surprised the loaches and bala shark are still alive. The Pacu's could survive. Are you planning on getting a bigger tank sometime? Bala's get very big and Pacu's can get like 24".

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
jonas (judazzz) has experiance in mixing piranhas + non-piranhas, in my own experience I have had a severum with my piranhas for a year, and I put 6 zebra danios in yesterday, and they are all fine.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Depends on may things: feeding schedule, sufficient hiding places for your dithers/cleanup fish, piranha temperament/character, tank space (yours is definitely a bit cramped), and more.
But all tank mates are potential meals, and may dissapear all of a sudden, even though they may have lasted many months or even years.

In my case, the longest-living tank mates are:
11 months: my 2 pleco's
9 months: 2 fivebanded barbs
8 months: 5 bronze cories
And some more that are in there for more than 5 months already....

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i did not vote on a time scale as they could last days or years but might get nipped up alot and possibly eaten eventually
dixon

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I hope they last as long as possible! I always like a successful mix of P's and no P's....it makes the tank a lot more enjoyable.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i believe the day you don't feed them enough..will be the day they take out those fish

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
I say within the month.. Unless you get a bigger tank, space and appetites would surely play a roll in decreasing your count.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well strike out the Bala Shark. The P's took it out this morning. Total time = 21 days. I kinda cheated though, I haven't fed them feeders for a week... just flakes. I also sold the Pacu so i'm down to the reed fish and the P's.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
depends on what kind of fish are in there, what is in there? Also how often you feed the p's.
okay now I know the bala shark is gone,helps if I read the whole thread.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.