Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come to say good bye to my 25'' Channa Micropeltes "Jose". He passed away late january 12th evening due to a beam knocking the lid of the spa open and flooding it with freezing cold storm water and forcing him to breathe in his emergency flood spot i made for him just for this reason. sadly though, the temperature got the best of him.

Anyway i buried him and said good bye, i really feel at loss, i felt a close bond with this fish, we'd spend hours in eahc others presense, him near my computer and all... he was family

Mark

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
I am truly sorry to hear that. He was a gorgeous redline. We all know that feeling and empathize with you bro.

·
Registered
14,959 Posts
I wasn't cool with the mouse vid but I was cool with the fish.

Disasters take a fish so fast it's overwhelming, I don't even want to relive some of those experiences.

Don't let it kick you out of the hobby, get a Dovii!

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
why didnt you get him warm water? If there was no electricity you could have driven him to a hotel.. or kept your body moist and held him close transfering your body heat to him. I have done this with a lungfish.

You were keeping him outside in a spa? you knew there was a huge rainstorm yet you didnt go check up?

back when i had my pond in the garage i was checking on it every hour or so, even at night, durring a windstorm.. Keeping any animal for a pet automaticaly gives you an obligation to check up on them like you would a child..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.