Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for canisters for my 125 tank. saw these JEBO canisters on bay. Way cheaper then any other ones ive seen.Read articles on how they are made to look like eheim (green and all that) they are said to be huge and hold alot of filter mediums. Anyody use or know anyone who has used these? any opionon on their quality? I knw the saying goes you get what you pay for but why paid up to three time for something if something cheap is just as good. I have always bought generic everything and in most caseshave been satisfied just have no experience with canisters at all. Help

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I read some reviews elsewhere that said the canister is a good unit, but the shutoff valves on the hoses aren't any good. I'm thinking about buying one too, and just replace the valves with fluvals or something.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
a filter isn;t really something you want to mess with.....unless you talk to some one that has it or had it i would stay away.... cheap off brand stuff is most of the time cheap b/c its made cheap

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Nothing but a headache in my opinion....Shut-offs end up leaky and the main seal is a pain....I wouldn't own another...You get what you pay for.Get a fluval,ehiem or rena.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Nothing but a headache in my opinion....Shut-offs end up leaky and the main seal is a pain....I wouldn't own another...You get what you pay for.Get a fluval,ehiem or rena.
Well said.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Speaking only from my personal expearince they work great. I've had an Odyssea CFS4 for the last year and it has not failed me yet. It does seem to have become noiser over the year. we will see how things go.
If I were to replace it it would most likley be with a rena XP3.

or if I can get a deal on one a Eheim 2028.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Speaking only from my personal expearince they work great. I've had an Odyssea CFS4 for the last year and it has not failed me yet. It does seem to have become noiser over the year. we will see how things go.
If I were to replace it it would most likley be with a rena XP3.

or if I can get a deal on one a Eheim 2028.
i have had one for about a year now and have had no problems and i think its great for the price. i would definatly recomend the odyssea cfs4 because it has all of the updated seals and valves that everybody is saying leak after time. i would recomend one from my experince with them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts