Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone think?

I like it, hes our leader and franchise player...but we could really use some pitching!!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The Dodgers were gonna pick him up if Toronto didn't he is an ok ball playerbetter then Average. But I wouldn't say a Franchise player to build around.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
david wells?

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
Terrible signing. That was not a cap-friendly contract. I hope he can carry the team by himself...or that the Jays are willing to spend astronomical dollars on their pitching as well. Otherwise, they will be on the outside looking in for the duration of Wells' contract.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Better then average?
He's won the Golden Glove three years in a row right?
I'm pretty sure better then average is an understatement.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Terrible signing. That was not a cap-friendly contract. I hope he can carry the team by himself...or that the Jays are willing to spend astronomical dollars on their pitching as well. Otherwise, they will be on the outside looking in for the duration of Wells' contract.
Well Ted Rogers gave them a pay increase just to keep Vernon on the team, so Im not suprised they gave him a contract. Also, we have Roy Halladay, AJ Burnett and Gustavo Chacin all locked up long term, and one of the higest ranking SP prospects banks..so I like the deal...we could use another 3-4 SP tho...

One of the trades Ive heard is Rios, McGowan and a prospect for Penny...I dont really like that deal, Rios is young, cheap and has a rocket of an arm...hes also good for a .300+ average every year.

·
2,094 Posts
Im scared of Penny. Hasnt he been a virtual nobody since winning the Series with the Marlins a few years back?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, he's super inconsistant. Plus I think hes had Tommy John surgery, you never know when that could blow up in your face.

I wonder if they Jays will be able to keep up with the Joneses this year (Sox and Yanks).

Heres to hoping D-Mat is bust :laugh:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yea, he's super inconsistant. Plus I think hes had Tommy John surgery, you never know when that could blow up in your face.

I wonder if they Jays will be able to keep up with the Joneses this year (Sox and Yanks).

Heres to hoping D-Mat is bust :laugh:
Yeah he is so Inconsistant that he went to the All-Star game (Penny) Dodgers are gonna take the West..............

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He has an average ERA of over 4.00 and he pitches in the NL....enough said!
And the American League has what The Yankers thats all you hear about them and the Redsox wow.
[/quote]

Have you seen the Yankees order? Wow is right. Its no coincidence that NL pitchers get hit out of the park everytime they come to the AL.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
He has an average ERA of over 4.00 and he pitches in the NL....enough said!
And the American League has what The Yankers thats all you hear about them and the Redsox wow.
[/quote]

Have you seen the Yankees order? Wow is right. Its no coincidence that NL pitchers get hit out of the park everytime they come to the AL.
[/quote]
Wow that they have in allstar team and still cant win sh*t thats wow oh and I forgot the NL won it this year And I didnt even know Toronto still had a baseball team.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hahah, no need to get defensive

Toronto has a great team in a tough division. BTW, we've won 2 World Series in the last 20 years...

·
2,094 Posts
Hahah, no need to get defensive

Toronto has a great team in a tough division. BTW, we've won 2 World Series in the last 20 years...
Thats really the only relevant statistic in baseball, isnt it?? Hell, I WISH I could say the same about my Tigers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts