Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think my p's will eat it? i would like to find a way to introduce another food source to them. Since this junk grows so fast, was hoping that the p's would enjoy it as a treat and keep it 'cut back' it also would be nice because i read that it keeps N levels down b/t water changes

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Piranhas in general are not herbivores unless there is absolutely no other food in the tank. If you want other food sources, try some of the other prepared foods... earthworms, crickets, smelt, shrimp, krill, tilapia, catfish, salmon, silversides, etc.

It is a plant so it does help keep the nitrates down to some degree, but you should still be doing weekly or bi-weekly water changes to keep your ps healthy.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
definately still on same routine w/ water changes. thought it would help keep spikes from happening as badly

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok spikes is a bad term, but depending on the time between water changes, the params can vary slightly and the moss can act as a nitrile buffer. all i am implying

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have lots of live plants in my tank and not once have they even tried eating them... My java moss they like to swime through and sometimes rest under it, but they look for something a little more meaty to eat.

good luck!

And if you tie the java moss to driftwood or a rock, eventually it's roots will grow around and into it and become part of it. A friend did it with driftwood and it looks really cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts