Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a good price for a jardini arowana and a 40 gallon tank with all the accessories?

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Jardini's have become very popular in recent years, and the price has skyrocketed. Most around 6" will be about $100. They are very cool fish though, one of my top picks. They can be quite aggressive too. 40 gallons is hard to say, but I would say about $75 would be good for a used tank, just tank alone. Needless to say that Jardini is going to need way more than a 40 gallon, it would need a 125 gallon at minium.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i found one on craigslist. the guy is selling his 14" jardini with a 40 gallon tank with a stand, lights, filter, ect for 350$. I have a 135 that i could put the jardini in, but he will only sell the fish with the tank. is 350 a good deal? how much do you think the 40 gallon set-up would be worth if i decided to sell it?

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Well, the 40 gallon breeders (I'm assuming its a breeder) new go for about $300 from petsmart. Its very hard to say otherwise because it depends on the condition of the tank and the quality of the equipment. If you are looking at selling it after you get it I would reconsider, they are absoulutly fabulous tanks with tons of potential, I sure wish I had one.

That sounds like a pretty good deal, especially with the arrow with it too. Only problem is that if the arrow was kept in the 40 it maybe stunted. I would talk him down to about $300-25 and see what he says. Either way, its definatly not a bad deal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i found one on craigslist. the guy is selling his 14" jardini with a 40 gallon tank with a stand, lights, filter, ect for 350$. I have a 135 that i could put the jardini in, but he will only sell the fish with the tank. is 350 a good deal? how much do you think the 40 gallon set-up would be worth if i decided to sell it?
im an arowana keeper myself, and i have to say... dude for a 14inch jardini that would go for 600$+ so HELL YEAH thats a steal for 350 plus a tank! id say go get it!!! man!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Last time I was checking I could get them for around 200.
4" was around 40.
this was about a year ago ish.
200$ for 14inch jardini? lol b.s.
[/quote]

Uh no it's not.. I can get a 6" ers for $60.00 all day long.. And they grow like weeds. If you're looking for one, give me a year I'll have you a 14"+ and I'll even sell it to you for the low price of $500.00..

The deal up top is a crap deal a 14" jar has already outgrown the 40g so no sense in even buying the tank.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Last time I was checking I could get them for around 200.
4" was around 40.
this was about a year ago ish.
200$ for 14inch jardini? lol b.s.
[/quote]

I haven't the time nor patience to bullshit anyone. Belive me or not makes no diff to me. I'm not trying to sell you anything.

Jardini arn't all that rare. It just depends on where in the country you are. if you are in the middle of nowhere then yeah expect to pay a preimum. Seattle is one of the largest ports in the country so things come thru here cheaper then perhaps to you. you just have to shop around. Most little asian owned Petstores have more Jardini and alot focus soley on Arrowana or FH's so they sell them cheaper because they have connections.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have always had arrowanas, asian, south american and aussies. The jardini is a fabulous fish, but it will not live for ages in the 40 gallon.

having said this, go for it!

cheers

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yes, silver arowanas are pretty cheap

my lfs has 3" jardinis for $70 each. Not exactly cheap fish but they sure are beautiful.

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
oh well being said that, i think its up to the locations were it is being sold.
Absolutely right and this is true for all tropical fish. Fish that I see for very cheap in Socal, I see for very expensive outside of state( up to 5x's markup). And of course the reverse is true.

·
Registered
327 Posts
in kentucky, a 6" silver goes for 250$ plus. at one point my lfs had two 2' silvers and they sold them for 850$ a piece. so yeah, i get butt fucked on aro prices, thats the only reason i dont have one.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i got my 6" silver aro for 50$, at the same store i saw some 4" jardinis for like 80$ but the guy told me once they get over a foot the price skyrockets. Im still debating on it because the only decent sized tank i have currently has my silver aro in it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts