Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jaque is dead why is my damn shrimp dead I couldn't find him so I decided to move my live rock then I lifted up the fake coral and he was all curled up dead as a doornail under there my goby seems to be find but my cleaner shrimp is dead what are any of your opinions? I think I will get my water tested again after work. He is an echinoderm and she said to wait about a month and it has been 3 weeks so is it cuz my water isn't as balanced yet cuz they said it was wait and plus my snails are in there and I know they are more hardy but I thought jaque was going to live did he also get to stressed out from the lfs to my tank and I set him in the water for a few to let him adjust to the temp as well.??????

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
How long was it in there before it died?

Do you think it was shock or the water? or that it starved to death? If it was a new tank is there anything in there for it to eat yet?

on a side note, I've seen Sailfin Mollies used to cycle a saltwater tank quite efficiently, they will "live" in both salt and fresh water, for such a cheap fish they worked great.

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got him yesterday and he couldn't have starved to death and it has been runnin for 3 weeks and it has already had it it's brown algae stage

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not shock of the water either cuz I set him in the bag in the water so he got use to it not for very long thought but the water shouldn't have been much different

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
pcrose said:
I got him yesterday and he couldn't have starved to death and it has been runnin for 3 weeks and it has already had it it's brown algae stage
does the lfs that you got it at have a fish guarantee of any kind? at least that might make you feel a little better about losing it...

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
uh well it is like a 30 min to 1hour drive depending on traffic when I go to the one down there so I would just burn up that much money worth a gas.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
most likely it is the change in water conditions.

I also suggest you do not get anything more for your marine tank just yet, from what I know they take a while to get established, and yours is just new.

perhaps you went over your bio-load???

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe I will wait for awhile since I am low on cash anyway due to so many bills I hate bein a grownup sometimes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.