Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I want to remind you all that in order to fight and win the war, it requires an expenditure of money that is commiserate with keeping a promise to our troops to make sure that they're well paid, well trained, well equipped."

--Washington, D.C.; December 15, 2003.

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
Well besides the grammatic errors, the only other thing he got wrong was saying that I got paid well, CAUSE I DIDNT

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I got paid well.. when I was at afganistan I got war pay, imminent danger pay, oversea pay, plus my regular salary. I was making almost 2 grand on each payday. That was nice money

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
When I was in the army I received $400 a month... got by just fine to actually...

If you're in the military to get rich, you're in the wrong business.
It's a duty thing.

Also, I attribute a lot of my present success to discipline and motivation that I received in the military.
Not a day goes by that I don't do "Something military," whether it be using the phonetic alphabet to be sure I have codes right, mulitasking, or simply "walking with a purpose."

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
When I was in the army I received $400 a month... got by just fine to actually...

If you're in the military to get rich, you're in the wrong business.
It's a duty thing.

Also, I attribute a lot of my present success to discipline and motivation that I received in the military.
Not a day goes by that I don't do "Something military," whether it be using the phonetic alphabet to be sure I have codes right, mulitasking, or simply "walking with a purpose."

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Don't forget about the "Sign on" bonuses...
My girlfriend's son got a $50,000 sign on bonus.

Thing is... the military is all about structure, discipline and "doin' the job."
The recruits know what to expect going in... if not, it's their fault for not finding out.

I don't think police, firefighter, military or any of those professions should be lucrative.
Look at what's happened to the medical industry?
Because of the high rate of pay doctors get, many people become doctors for that reason above anything else.

Look at how crappy many of our doctors are?
They should become doctors because they want to help people.

Anywho, I did my time in the service, received very little pay but got more valuable experience from it than anything else in my life.
I am the business man I am today because of it.
I didn't go to college, and barely graduated high school... so the "educational system" is certainly not to thank.

"Drive on soldier!"------- "Huah!"

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
It's hooah

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Are you sure it's "Hooah" and not "Huah?"
I'm not so sure.
I think maybe it's "Huah."

Here... I'll say both out loud and see which sounds correct.

(Piranha_man pauses to say "Hooah" and then "Huah.")

Hmmm... sounds pretty similar.
I really can't tell the difference!

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
How could you have been army and not even know how to spell hooah? Anyways, I'm done with his thread right here. Pointless at this time. Take it easy

·
I Love Me Some Me
5,987 Posts
Well besides the grammatic errors, the only other thing he got wrong was saying that I got paid well, CAUSE I DIDNT
How can you try to act like an english teacher and not know how to spell "Grammatical?"

[/quote]

HAHA, looks like you edited something there.

By the way, here's your duty;

·
LionHart
13,101 Posts
Wow, I'm impressed.

One's achievements are far more commendable when they're displayed with their actions rather than boastfully mounted on a wall.
Pretty lame, dude.

Thought you were done with this thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts