Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be good to live with a jack dempsey and if anyone has any links or info on them can yo please post them. If you have ever ownd them are they aggressive as people say they are, do they have teath or eat like an oscar. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
285 Posts
JD's are aggresive.
I've had many of them. The only fish I've kept with them were oscars. Might want to make sure your oscars are bigger than the JD's, because the JD's are more aggressive. IMO.
Cool fish though.

-ttldnial

·
reasonably awesome
7,613 Posts
thats a Blue Jack Dempsey

Though they are still classified as Jack Dempseys, they are renowned for:

A) Dying
B) Being very peaceful and calm
C) Having a max size of 6"

People don't seem to have much luck with keeping them alive for any duration; I guess thats what happens when you inbreed a weak gene strain too much. They also cost $20+, depending on their size

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
piranha45 said:
erm innes why dont u lock this thread so we dont have two floating around..
I moved your one into the saved topics, and I will allow this one to remain open - any objections?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
thanks for the information and espescally to p45 for all that info on his other thread. I have see a few JD's and lFS and some have just ugly color. Im talking about ones that are like 6-7 inches. I want one that will look like the one in your picture (a nice blue color). Is it best to buy it baby size and what do i feed it to bring out such nice color.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
The best dempseys are the blue dempsey breeders. These studs are a half and half mix between standard JDs and electric blues, to made you cannot purchase one and the only way to get one is to make it... i personally think they look way better then the electric blues plus they are hardier and actually have a personality. The EBDs are just recisive pansy fish.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.