Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the lfs took a sample of my water and said i have a bacterial bloom and its due to high nitrites but i dont understand it my water went real cloudy and now the piece of wood seems to have like a white sort of mould or fungus growing on it whats happening?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
so the lfs took a sample of my water and said i have a bacterial bloom and its due to high nitrites but i dont understand it my water went real cloudy and now the piece of wood seems to have like a white sort of mould or fungus growing on it whats happening?
Take out your driftwood and reboil it with a good scrub. boil it again and you are set.....Probably bacteria was set into your wood, thats why.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
ok ill try that but would that cause the high nitrites?
Either an uncycled tank or an increase in bioload in the tank until the nitrifying bacteria in your filter media multiply enough to catch up to the load. Throw a little predissolved salt into the tank to prevent brown blood poisoning and possible damage to the gills area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.