Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my black rhom in Aug. and he was only 2.5 inches. Now its 4 months later and he has never been a finger chaser, but all of a sudden last week he started chasing me when I walk by his tank. If you put your finger up to the tank he will go to his corner or just swim away. Its really funny because when you walk up to his tank he wont do anything but as soon as you walk away he chases you from behind. Does anyone else have a black like this? By the way , hes only grown a half inch in four months.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
Serra, is a slow grown piranha....fingers chaser is upon indiviual fish itself. you may have aggressive rhom or skittish rhom. 4month is not that really long time. you need to give you budy some more time...all fish are different, it can take days, weeks, months, or years to get use to the new home and enviroment.

congrat. with your rhom.

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
1/2 inch is not very good even for a rhom, normally they grow slightyl faster to around 6" and then really slow down........................

as to the body chassing, i have heard alot of people on this forum say there P is a fingure chaser or a body chaser, and its great to watch and fun

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
If he just became a body chaser in the past few weeks, give him some more time and he might become a finger chaser. Sounds like he is getting used to his "new" tanks. Congrats on him become a body chacer thus far.

·
Registered
506 Posts
my Lil guy started finger chasing @ 4inch then at 5 became a body chaser.rhoms are great
I have him next to my bed so sometimes on my way to work he chases me as i walk by,its funny cause i forget he is there.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I think body o finger chasing rhoms are the coolest thing about Serrasalmus species keeping (dont have any but friends do). It shows how relaxed your piranha is around you, which is a sure sign of a good p. owner.

·
Banned
4,315 Posts
My 8+ incher is a body chaser. His tank is about 8ft from my classroom door and whenever anyone walks through the room and out the door, he swims after them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts