Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I dunno. I have tetras in the same tank as my piranhas. They are surprisingly alike in behavior. Its just....the piranhas have big teeth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
traumatic said:
Nova_C said:
I dunno. I have tetras in the same tank as my piranhas. They are surprisingly alike in behavior. Its just....the piranhas have big teeth.
[snapback]924608[/snapback]​
do people read what is already posted?
[snapback]924610[/snapback]​
Uh....come again?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Trauma, I was just responding to Twitch's post. Here, I'll rephrase:

"True that, like how a poodle and German Shephard are not similar, you may think Piranhas and Tetra's are very different. However, in my experience, tetras exhibit many of the same kind of aggressive traits as Piranhas, despite their difference in reputations. The biggest difference, to me, seems to be size and weapons. The piranhas get much larger than tetras and have razor edge teeth. The tetras do not. I would assume (I may be wrong, however) that this similarity in behavior is due to belonging to the same family of fish."

I didn't post all that because I was just saying, you know, hey, here's my experience. But next time I'll be sure to be explicit in order to avoid any future confusion.

(BTW, there is no sarcasm intended by this post.)

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
behaivor has nothing to do with classifying fish. piranha are part of the charachin faimly, which is the same faimly that tetras are in.

·
[]D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[] "
4,168 Posts
sarcasm rocks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oh, I agree, Trauma. I do my best not to be a post whore....but sometimes it just comes out. Ooooh. Like right now.

Anyway, sorry for not being clear first time around.

·
Registered
575 Posts
there not tetras but close, they are in the same family

1 - 14 of 14 Posts