Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got a 60 gal and was wondering is it too big for my 2" rhom? will he get lost in there? i had it in a 30 gal ever since i got it and he seems to like one corner of the tank. ive got some plants and good cover but it doenst cruise the rest of the tank only when its feeding time. when i bought it, it was no bigger than a quarter.

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i put alot of plants will it steak out a part of the tank? cause i want to be able to view it clearly. i plan to have sand and a black backgound. will it turn a darker color with the background?

G

·
Just depends on you. It won't be interesting to watch unless you plant it well like Loon says.

He will cruise the tank, but when the lights are off and he can't see you.

· Registered
18,153 Posts
There's no tank too big for a fish - wheter it uses all the space is another matter, but your fish for sure won't mind living a large tank.

You could try adding some other fish - community fish, catfish - to spice things up a little. Given the tiny size of your rhom and the large size of your tank, you might have an interesting community on hands...

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
should i put as many plants as i can and when it gets bigger take some out? i had oscars that liked plant when young but when they got older they just uprooted them, do rhoms do the same?

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
will post pics as soon as i get my cam from my cousin. judazz, i cant put anything in with him. even at 1" he killed a 2" pleco and ate all of the neons that i put in when i cycled the tank.

· Registered
18,153 Posts
tigger said:
will post pics as soon as i get my cam from my cousin. judazz, i cant put anything in with him. even at 1" he killed a 2" pleco and ate all of the neons that i put in when i cycled the tank.
[snapback]858629[/snapback]​
I see... Evil little bastard, ain't it

In that case, I'd keep him in the 30g tank, and think of something else for the 60g - the Rhom won't outgrow the 30 for quite some time (a few years).
You could try redecorating the tank: maybe curiosity makes him more outgoing in a different setting.

· Breaki'n all day...
4,256 Posts
never too big man

· Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
17,210 Posts
well ince most rhoms grow rapidly in the first year i would keep him in the 60g
it doesent take that long to go from 2" to 4" then to 6" but then after that they slow down alot
so put heavy current in there anhd see what happens.if he doesent use the whole tank maybe a divider and add something else on the other side

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.