Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought all five of my p's at the same time and they were all the same size. In the last three months 4 grew and are almost 4.5" and the one is still not even a full 2". why isn't my little one growing? is he just a runt? He eats a lot and its the same food as the others. I don't get it. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I just got 3 rbp's as well and I have two that are really starting to round up, but one is staying quite small. Hopefully he will catch up or I fear the worst for him...

Pac

·
Registered
575 Posts
ehh maybe he isnt as fast as the others for food

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
hey fire i had same problem he just isnt getting as much food as others and my 2 that grew fast ate the other one
try to distract the others with some food on one side and get the little one to the other and feed him not an easy task but food on both sides of tank helps if u can manage it
good luck
later

·
Captain Britannia
4,819 Posts
it is just growing at a different rate to the other 2 so just make sure it gets as much food by feeding the others up and then feeding the smaller one.
i have 9 sevrums (i had 30) as feeders in my pred tank which were all about 1'' max and some are now over 2'' and some just over 1'' some just grow faster than others.
dixon

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he eats more than the other 4!! thats the problem. My others wait till he starts to eat then they do, he eats whats left over and will take big chunks. He is as fat as can be too, just won't grow

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
you may just have a runt he will catch up sooner or later just make sure he gets enough food and he will be fine

·
Registered
818 Posts
i have 3 rbps. 1 runt.... but hes the only one at the moment without any sort of fin nip. he eats the same amount (i put in more than they can eat just to make sure they all get there share while the runt is smaller than the other two). i look at it the same way as humans. i am taller than my 23 year old brother and the 21 year old brother is taller than me. just because they are from the same family doesnt mean they will be exactly the same size.
some people will tell you that the smaller one will be eaten but aslong as they are feed well then the chances are greatly reduced. (not saying it wont happen..... but greatly reduced all the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts