Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To return a sick fish that you had for awhile? 2 weeks. Its weird that I am attached to these fish but if you saw my other thread he has a black lump on his joint and the man at the store said to bring it back and get a new one. Should I do this or try to get him healthy again?

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
it reall up to you..but i would return him and get a new one...you never know what is exaxctly wrong with him/her...could die anytime in your tank.

or just keep it and let it heal...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I would also go for the new one. Good luck

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
in my case, i would try my best to bring him back to health. I also tend to get attached to my fish.. depends on how attached you are, just like what DC2RJUN said.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im attached but no one knows whats wrong with him and i dont either. so i can i treat what i dont know? idk i guess ill talk to the guy and see if i can keep him and if he dies due to this then get a new one for free.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I would skip that and just bring it back, if it was me. If nobody knows what it is and its speading on the fish, whos to say it wont eventually spread to the other fish and they all get sick. Plus hes probably only gonna take it back for so long, if you already had it for 2 weeks I would say your warantee is running thin already.

Just my opinion, but I say take it back as soon as possible. If for no other reason, just to get it out of the tank so the other piranha dont get it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would skip that and just bring it back, if it was me. If nobody knows what it is and its speading on the fish, whos to say it wont eventually spread to the other fish and they all get sick. Plus hes probably only gonna take it back for so long, if you already had it for 2 weeks I would say your warantee is running thin already.

Just my opinion, but I say take it back as soon as possible. If for no other reason, just to get it out of the tank so the other piranha dont get it.
done he is living a solo life in a 20 gallon tank

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so you took him back eh....did you get another fish back or...?
oh no i still have him but he is living alone. the guys at shark aquarium in hillside nj are really nice and have offered to take him back and give me a new one. and i think im going to do that. i dont want my other fish to get sick. but i highly recommend this fish store they have so much and are really great.

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
To return a sick fish that you had for awhile? 2 weeks. Its weird that I am attached to these fish but if you saw my other thread he has a black lump on his joint and the man at the store said to bring it back and get a new one. Should I do this or try to get him healthy again?
well think of it like this, your said your attached and what do you think the store will do, maybe kill it and you would care for it?
up to you man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts