Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i noticed this on one one of the small fry i have, it looks like it could be a case of ich. i need to confirm please help if you no thank-you.

i have already turned my temp up tonight, but i add aquarium salt every time i put water in so that would mean i can't put more in right?

also i have used this tank 33gal in the past to quarintine feeders

·
Registered
117 Posts
I cant see where you mean..... had ich a while ago, despite treatment it wipped out my fish. Very distinctive, like sugar grains all over the fish.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
sorry no fish picture...might be ich...

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
as requested you can send me the pic - I sent you my e-mail address

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts

I think you do have white spot

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
hang on - is the white sheen on the top on the fish or just lighting?

I suggest you do a water change, add salt, raise the temp and mediate for white spot and remember to half the dose

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i'm sorry i don't see anthing wrong....but if its looks as tho its been sprinkled with salt it probably is ich...just raise the temp on the tank and add salt...raising the temp makes the ich lifecycle run faster..

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks innes got your e-mail
and for everybody else also thanks
and if you really want to see the pic just click on my web-shot in my sig and go to the piranha photo album, and it's the last pic..,,

thanks

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I think you need to half the dosage for young fish, so be carefull, and dont add salt if you already have some in the tank.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Innes said:
I think you need to half the dosage for young fish, so be carefull, and dont add salt if you already have some in the tank.
Yea, until you do a water change, don't add anymore salt.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
all is i could say is that only the one fry has this white patchy marks im thinking only ich
but i have never seen heater burns or could it be just scrapes on the gills.

attn: DON H
CAN YOU PLEASE LEAVE ME YOUR 2cents please thanks

·
Registered
972 Posts
Now that I can see the pic....

It doesn't look like ich to me.

How long have you been seeing this? If it's more than 2 days and it hasn't gotten any worse, then I wouldn't worry about it yet.

It is normal for one fish to get ich and not others, if it's in the first day or two.

I just don't see ich on that fish yet.

Unless you took the pic the first hour he had it. I only see 2 white spots on him and that could be glare.

I think the main questions are, how long ago did you take the pic, and is it worse now?

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jor said:
Now that I can see the pic....

It doesn't look like ich to me.

How long have you been seeing this? If it's more than 2 days and it hasn't gotten any worse, then I wouldn't worry about it yet.

It is normal for one fish to get ich and not others, if it's in the first day or two.

I just don't see ich on that fish yet.

Unless you took the pic the first hour he had it. I only see 2 white spots on him and that could be glare.

I think the main questions are, how long ago did you take the pic, and is it worse now?
it has been close to a week now that i had noticed it. at first i thought, camera flash but then i looked really good when they stopped freakin out and it's something on the fish
.......... i have a chinese algea eater in there do you think he might be trying to suck some slime off this little dude for bugging him?

·
Registered
972 Posts
If it's been a wekk, then I can say with 100% surety that it isn't ich. He'd be dead or overgrown with "whitespot" if it was that long. More than a couple days and he'd be covered all over with ich and getting worse with every day.

Them chinese algea eaters are nice when they're young and eat all kinds of alge, but when they get bigger they'll kill all the fish in the aquarium with them.

They're ruthless. Not because they can kill p's or cichlids, but because they do their dirty work at night when both are in a slumber.

But, no it doesn't look like any bite from a chinese algae eater that I have seen. Not to say that it isn't, but just in my experience. Someone else might be able to come along and say otherwise in their experience tho.

I would get rid of that chinese algea eater tho. jmo.

I know I'm no help man and I'm sorry. I'm just hoping to try and "finish the puzzle" for you.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jor you have some verry good input thanks alot

·
Hello Everybody!
2,049 Posts
That's a very nice looking pic, but I can't tell for certain what it is (if there's even anything wrong with the fish... looks healthy). I don't even see spot on the fins. How's the behavior of the fish? Is it scraping against rocks or seem like it's breathing rapidly and hard? If that's the case, then it's probably a parasitic infection. Fortunately, most parasites that look like spots (like ich and chilodonella) can be easilty treated by just adding salt and increasing the temp. Keep us posted if the condition worsens.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
he/she is verry active not rubbing on anthing and eats fine!! all of the fry spend all of there time playing in the bubbles horsing arround. no signs of sickness i will watch over carefully and post another update pic in a week, to show progress or if it gets worse.

thanks DonH

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Jor said:
They're ruthless. Not because they can kill p's or cichlids, but because they do their dirty work at night when both are in a slumber.
not that I have seen, I would agree that some are aggressive, and suck the slime from other fish, but it is more on an individual basis, and it not a rule.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I can't tell if it is ich or not, but I did notice the piece of coral in the water. I suggest taking that out since it can harden your water and buffer your Ph higher (unless thats what you want of course.) Just my 2 cents

1 - 20 of 20 Posts